[Albion] First Brighton game and who took you....indulge me

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
Brighton V Halifax 1970, It was my "uncle Ron" (turns out to be the bloke my mum was having an affair with) I don't remember much about the game more the sensations. Walking down Goldstone Lane and catching a glimpse of the pitch and how green it looked, The guy on the corner selling newspapers crying "midday news and the sporting life, paper". the smell of the burgers and what seemed like huge bags of crisps (I cant even remember the make of them, certainly never saw them in any shops I usually went in), coming over the top of the Chicken Run to see the magnificent pitch and lovely white posts and goal nets. The sea of faces when you turned around just before kick off, then the roar as the team appeared wow!! I was hooked!! the rest of the game went with a blur.

My dad found out and then insisted that if anyone was taking his son the the football it would be him, so never missed a home game from then until 1978 when I joined the army.

Other than that I can't remember a thing!!

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
A while back when thinking about the first game my dad took me to (vs Wigan in 1997) i found this video of the game, its fan recorded, and funnily enough we must have been sitting very close to their position. This video provided such great nostalgia for me, nearly brought a tear to my eye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSP1-PHhn50

I remember this game so well, another I drove down from Camden for in our survival revival, we tonked them 1-0 I think.
They and Cardiff were vying for promotion and thought we would simply roll over, oh no...
I used to live in Wigan, and a victory over them means so much to me, as I hated living there briefly.

I do like pies now though, a little too much. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports