Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] First Ashes Test - England v Australia - Cardiff

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think this is in the bag but.... It's Australia :facepalm:

Any other side and I wouldn't be worried, but if there is one side that can grind you down and get 400+ over 2 full days, it's the Aussies.

I totally agree but so far we have bowled well and it might be a huge test of patience for us in the field.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Went LARGE (not large) on the win @ 2/1 on Thursday afternoon. Just had a tiny saver on the draw @ 17/1 just in case of weather spoiling the party.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I think this is in the bag but.... It's Australia :facepalm:

Any other side and I wouldn't be worried, but if there is one side that can grind you down and get 400+ over 2 full days, it's the Aussies.

Indeed. The first session is crucial. It is not impossible for the Aussies to be 100-0 or 1 at lunch, with Warner heading towards a big hundred...

or for Jimmy to cast his spells and we can bowl them out of the game by taking 2-3 wickets.

Which makes the whole thing just brilliant to watch.

Test Match cricket - the best sporting contest on the planet.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Indeed. The first session is crucial. It is not impossible for the Aussies to be 100-0 or 1 at lunch, with Warner heading towards a big hundred...

or for Jimmy to cast his spells and we can bowl them out of the game by taking 2-3 wickets.

Which makes the whole thing just brilliant to watch.

Test Match cricket - the best sporting contest on the planet.

Even then I wouldn't be too bothered.....they were 140-1 in their first innings weren't they ?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
w1.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here