Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] First Ashes Test - England v Australia - Cardiff

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Steve Smith may be the No 1 ranked batsman in the world but sometimes he looks like an Octopus out of water.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
129-2

Ali gets the dangerous Smith, tied him up in knots, strange shot... dollied to a well-placed short mid on :clap2:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Below. Men certainly don't find a lady being similarly afflicted, amusing. I though you fellow ladies might have - what with you being CRUELLER creatures, and that.

Quite. There's not really much to hit down there for ladies, is there? Just flesh & bone, as opposed to a slightly more tender, dangly collection of external tissue :lolol: I can vouch for once getting the full weight of a studded football boot in that region following a slide tackle, many years ago, and it certainly was painful for a few minutes, but only in the same way it would be if you get kicked pretty much anywhere else. Nobody found it HILARIOUS. Principally because I found myself pretending the impact was in the stomach area, as our physio was a bloke and I didn't fancy him turning up with the ice pack and sponge down THERE...

I've taken the liberty of researching this matter, just for you, by the way. There's now a THREAD explaining it all (so that those insane enough not to be following the Ashes may also read and learn).

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
:clap2:

I'm most delighted with my set-up here at work. Listening to TMS and streaming Sky Sports via Now TV but hidden behind my normal screens. A 5 second delay means I hear the wicket on TMS and quickly flick to the TV stream to see the action :thumbsup:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No better sight in sports than an Australian on his way back to the pavilion.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
:clap2:

I'm most delighted with my set-up here at work. Listening to TMS and streaming Sky Sports via Now TV but hidden behind my normal screens. A 5 second delay means I hear the wicket on TMS and quickly flick to the TV stream to see the action :thumbsup:

My free Now TV day pass expired at lunch. Before then, my set up was much the same. :thumbsup:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Ant & Dec on TMS now

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Odd. Anderson and Broad have both got Clarke out 9 times each. So straight after tea, who does Cook bowl? Wood.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Bookies have England at 3-1 to win this match. With the Aussies still to score 245 to reach England's score, AND to bat last on a wicket that has kept low with inconsistent bounce that seems a tad generous.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Close of play - day 2

Australia 264-5, trailing by 166

Another pretty good day for England.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Definitely England's day that: 166 behind with their best batsmen gone, wicket becoming less predictable, and the ball will probably do a bit more through the air as well for the first hour tomorrow.

I predict a 60 run 1st innings lead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here