Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] First Ashes Test - England v Australia - Cardiff

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Dire.....pointless cook , bell just shyte , lythe looks like a 5'10" , skinny ,toddler.....not impressed at all , the sarcastic text messages have already started........ffs....:rant:

Faint hope might be they are yet to bat, so faint hope we may actually get some wickets, as I say though,,,,

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Ditto. If we bat first I can see us being 78-4 at lunch, I know its against normal conventions but if we bowl first we might just take the sting out of their batting and restrict them to 250 ish..

I was close....if only we had bowled and had the Aussies 3 down for that score ? I know which dressing room will be the happier after this morning.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Breathless morning at the SWALEC, going with form. Depressing thing is this looks a lifeless surface, you just know when Australia get in they'll make 500+.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
If we lose this test, on this pudding of a pitch, we might as well not bother. There will not be another wicket that nullifies their bowlers to such an extent in the series.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
50 partnership for Root and Ballance :clap2:

51 runs, 9.5 overs, RR: 5.18 (Ballance 14, Root 36)

England 94-3

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
[quote name="Ex-Staffs Gull" post=6987427]My phone now flooded with gloating mates. ... [emoji35][/QUOTE]The flow starting to slow a little yet?

These are Aussies, it is either a flood or a complete drought. Reckon 1 wicket and the flood gates open again..

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I've got 2 brothers that live in Perth,they reckon the place is flooded with Brits,where are they all?

I live in the hills, they are most likely in town.
Copped some s**t for the first three wickets, but the fight back has started now.
Just got home and getting a live stream sorted out, so late night here.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Drinks - England 139-3 (37 overs)

Root 68* Ballance 41*

Hope it doesn't have the same result as this morning when Cook was out straight after the break!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
100 partnership for Root and Ballance :clap2:

100 runs, 23.5 overs, RR: 4.19 (Ballance 25, Root 72)

England 143-3

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here