Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fiorentina Babacar [now seems to be heading for Palace]

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
You're living in a dream world if you think we could afford Dolberg, Werner or Tosun!!
The first two I agree with, but the fees I've seen being talked about for Tosun seem to be between 10 and 15 million, so not beyond our reach at all from that POV.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
One Job, maybe, but also a little side task as well to bring in a loan central defender so Goldson can go out on loan to get some games.
We need a striker and another central midfielder.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Considering Talksport are touting Newcastle and Palace as teams looking to sign Tosun, It shouldn't be out of the question.

It would be funny ( if he is any good) if we signed him in January, as Palace had a bid of £12 mill accepted for him in the summer transfer window and many of their fans expect to sign him in January.
http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271855

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We need a striker and another central midfielder.
I'm sure we'll be getting in an expensive striker (or trying our best to) in January - maybe one that we were in for in the summer, but more likely (imho) one that none of us have ever heard of. Midfield though, we've got Sidwell, Kayal and Molumbey as cover - they should do for this season - we can't be greedy and splash out cash for every position; we can review in the summer. The idea of an experienced old-hand CB on loan to give CG the chance to go out for half a season in The Championship is a good one, though.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
we've got Sidwell, Kayal and Molumbey as cover - they should do for this season - we can't be greedy and splash out cash for every position
I've never seen Molumby play, has he ever had a senior appearance? The central midfield is crucial for our game with wingers, and not easy, I don't imagine he's ready for that. Sidwell will be 35 and hasn't played for a while now, I don't know whether he could do it. And sadly I don't know if Kayal can either. He was great when he joined us, but he struggled at times last season and following his injury we don't know whether he'll be up to it either, should Stephens get injured.

We missed out on more than one signing over the summer, we should be able to get a striker and a midfielder.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I've never seen Molumby play, has he ever had a senior appearance? The central midfield is crucial for our game with wingers, and not easy, I don't imagine he's ready for that. Sidwell will be 35 and hasn't played for a while now, I don't know whether he could do it. And sadly I don't know if Kayal can either. He was great when he joined us, but he struggled at times last season and following his injury we don't know whether he'll be up to it either, should Stephens get injured.

We missed out on more than one signing over the summer, we should be able to get a striker and a midfielder.

Yeh he played in the cup game this year - Barnet maybe? He was impressive then & so was Tilley.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yeh he played in the cup game this year - Barnet maybe? He was impressive then & so was Tilley.
Thanks. I remember Tilley, listened on the radio.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Fiorentina Babacar £16.6m offer accepted (says SunSport)

Tilley or Molumby?

Personally, I think Molumby over Tilley, which others may not agree with.

But I’ve watched the U21s quite a few times and Molumby just rarely gives the ball away, whereas Tilley can be a little in and out at times, and sometimes goes for the ‘worldly’, which is fine when it comes off, but ...........etc

Edit - Molumby played in both League Cup games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Who was the midfielder that failed his medical with us and then had a knee operation ? Has he started playing again?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was looking at something else and a latest goal flashed up, stating Deportivo losing 0-2 in a cup game.
A la the weekend a quick trawl around our foreign 'what might have been' has unearthed the following:-

Babacar scored a penalty in Fiorentina's 3 - 0 win over Torino.

This report https://www.violanation.com/2017/10...s-goals-serie-a-italy-benassi-simeone-babacar includes:-

set up Simeone who superbly struck the ball with the outside of his foot to make it 2-0 to the Viola. After mounting pressure for Babacar to start up front, he answered his critics in stunning fashion.

So he's potentially get twitchy, and equally potentially getting more expensive!

Andone might be getting cheaper as he's an unused sub.

Raphael played and scored in 70 mins v second division cup opponents.

Fenerbahçe didn't have a midweek game.

Gawd bless you http://uk.soccerway.com/ :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here