Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Finger of Fudge or Curly Wurly?

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Tough choice. I think I'd have to go for the Curly Wurly, but I'd feel bad about the Fudge.

Also, these kinds of threads are precisely why we have international breaks imo.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Can't see a finger of fudge without thinking of Clare Connor. Reasons saved until El Presidente has his bean spilling meat up.
. ..... No not that one the one with gossip.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Finger of Fudge only ever experienced as a makeweight in a selection box.

Curly Wurlys are far better, though had a tendency to go rather brittle with age/colder conditions, and when chewed felt like they could yank six fillings out at once.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My daughter says that, I liked them.
I’m with your daughter on this. Did you also prefer yellow and green Fruit Gums over red and black?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
My daughter says that, I liked them.
Love them! And so much better than the authentic stuff that some friend brings you back from holiday. Gooey, covered in white powder and with that strange almost perfumed aroma. Give me the purple packet mass manufactured 10,000 e number variety any day!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’m with your daughter on this. Did you also prefer yellow and green Fruit Gums over red and black?

Red and black, and yours?

This thread took me back to Jaines newsagents at the top of Gibbon Road, I've mentioned this before, school lunchtimes late 70's/early 80's.

Quarters of sweets, I liked Callard & Bowyer's chocolate limes, or Licorice Comfits. Topic, Double Decker, Flake.

Surprisingly my teeth are fine.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Red and black, and yours?

This thread took me back to Jaines newsagents at the top of Gibbon Road, I've mentioned this before, school lunchtimes late 70's/early 80's.

Quarters of sweets, I liked Callard & Bowyer's chocolate limes, or Licorice Comfits. Topic, Double Decker, Flake.

Surprisingly my teeth are fine.
Definitely red and black.

I used to by quarter bags of crispits which ere chocolate coconut sweets. Very nice. I liked Double Deckers as well. Something else I remember from this time is Orkney Fudge but this was bought at the Schooner garage.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I still regularly buy a Cadbury's FUDGE to this day.

If I stop at a motorway services for lunch and get stiffed for about a sodding tenner for a Burger King meal, or a toastie and a coffee in Starbucks - I get to claim that back on expenses.

If I fancy a little something sweet to finish -in the WHSmiths every other chocolate bar is OUTRAGEOUSLY priced - like £1.50 for a bloody TWIX for heaven's sake. A FUDGE is 25p :thumbsup:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
American popular chocolate bars are terrible , so sickly they have even less chocolate in them then here in England . All sugar & syrup’s. Prefer a dark chocolate bar from Belgium, can’t remember the name

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No one else feel like too much of your time with a Curly Wurly is spent getting it out of your back teeth?

Or do I have chewing problems?

For the record I have no strong feelings over Fudge or Curly Wurly.

Both are meh for me. Kinder Bueno is my weapon of choice chocolate wise.

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
No one else feel like too much of your time with a Curly Wurly is spent getting it out of your back teeth?

Or do I have chewing problems?

For the record I have no strong feelings over Fudge or Curly Wurly.

Both are meh for me. Kinder Bueno is my weapon of choice chocolate wise.
Nope you're not alone.

The Curly Wurly just misses out on the title for me, given it extracted a filling. So essentially paid ovwr 50 quid for a Curly wurly bar. 😭
It was nice til that point mind..

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
On the fence on this one, but will lean towards a finger of fudge, as curly wurlies have decreased so much in size from their original size.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Give it a rest with these shite threads. We are adults not stoned students.
I agree.

Oh, and finger of fudge for me. Didn't like the other one. Reminded too much of those toffee sweets left in the tin till July after Christmas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here