Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Films you thought would be shite....

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Icy Gull said:
Phone Booth. Still not sure how I could enjoy a film that takes place almost exclusively in a phone box.

Is that the spanish film where the guy gets stuck in a phone booth?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
the new italian job was bloody good despite me going in disgraced with what i was expecting to see

Agreed. It's no classic but it's pretty good.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Pirates for me as well got dragged along reluctantly by family and really did find it a very good film.

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
Amelie. Thought it was going to be very twee, but hadn't realised that it was directed by the same bloke who made Delicatessen - great humour and visual imagination.

About a Boy and even B. Jones' Diary rated higher than expected too.

Ace Grace

Oct 16, 2003
Worthing
Kevin and Perry go Large for me.

I thought it would be a right steaming pile...

but it was flippin brilliant.

(All I wanna do is do it! Big Girl. Big Girl!)

:lolol:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Wienergull said:
Amelie. Thought it was going to be very twee, but hadn't realised that it was directed by the same bloke who made Delicatessen - great humour and visual imagination.

About a Boy and even B. Jones' Diary rated higher than expected too.

I picked up and read About A Boy over christmas. It hooked me and I read from 12pm to 5am. Finished it. That evening it was on Sky Movies so I watched. I prefered the book. Thought the film was okay but nothing special. A lot of people really love it though. Why is that?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Turkey said:
Oh and Run Lola Run.
Now THAT is one quality unsong film, Turkey.
Get past the subtitles, and the whole thing is just excellent. I just LOVE being surprised by a film, specially when its got, basically, a simple brilliance to it. Run Lola Run is like taking a shower in spearmint flavoured water, its so refreshing.

Must pick that one up, bet its cheap. Good shout fella.

:thumbsup:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
munster monch said:
Is that the spanish film where the guy gets stuck in a phone booth?
no, its a new film. the spanish one is excellent!

i thought a.i. would be shite but i was pleasantly surprised by that.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Turkey said:
I picked up and read About A Boy over christmas. It hooked me and I read from 12pm to 5am. Finished it. That evening it was on Sky Movies so I watched. I prefered the book. Thought the film was okay but nothing special. A lot of people really love it though. Why is that?
hugh grant probably (i agree turkey the books better , but thats the same with all the nick hornby books turned films)

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
The secret life of David Gale. My son bought the video and raved about it until I watched it.

His tastes and mine are completely different but have to say it was truly an excellent film.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Didn't fancy the second Star Wars film after the Phantom Menace. Althoughstill not as good as the original trilogy it did surprise me.

The Tailor of Panama was much better than I expected too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here