Films where the sequels were PAINFULLY worse than the originals

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Highlander 2

Good call.

So hideous that it's been glossed over, ignored and forgotten about within the whole Highlander 'story' given that Connor is killed in Endgame, set in the 20th century, so wouldn't have been alive to face Katana in the future as shown in Highlander II.

Also, all talk of them being from a distant planet called Zeist has thankfully been brushed under the proveribal carpet.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
You take that back!

According to Wiki:

Grease 2 was intended to be the second film (and first sequel) in a proposed Grease franchise of four motion pictures and a television series; however, the project was quickly scrapped due to the underwhelming box office performance of this picture.

To add some variety to the genres, there's Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle, Blair Witch 2, Son Of The Mask and Basic Instinct 2 as well.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
According to Wiki:

Grease 2 was intended to be the second film (and first sequel) in a proposed Grease franchise of four motion pictures and a television series; however, the project was quickly scrapped due to the underwhelming box office performance of this picture.

According to me:

Grease 2 has some catchy tunes (especially 'reproduction' and 'do it for our country'), and is great to catch early Michelle Pfeiffer, and the side kick from TJ Hooker.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Return to Oz was SUPERB. In fact I would go as far as to stay it is better than the Wizard of Oz which I never particularly liked.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
celebrity-pictures-winter-reeves-expressed-emotion.jpg

Scarlett ( the nearest a sequel came to Gone With The Wind)
Rumors of Hollywood producing a sequel to this film persisted for decades until 1994, when a sequel was finally produced for television, based upon Alexandra Ripley's novel, Scarlett, itself a sequel to Mitchell's original. Both the book and mini-series were met with mixed reviews. In the TV version, British actors played both key roles: Welsh-born actor Timothy Dalton played Rhett :wrong:while Manchester-born Joanne Whalley played Scarlett.:lol: Original plans were used for the reconstruction of a replica of the original Tara set in Charleston, South Carolina for the filming.

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
back to the future 2 that was a bit shit i thought

but back to the future 3 was better than the 2nd one i thought

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
'Ring' was the most over-hyped load of old bollocks I have ever had the misfortune to sit through and I am supposing the sequel was as crap if not worse, unless anyone thinks different!? :US:

johnnyjetlag

Jul 26, 2004
Highlander 2

That is by far the worst sequel of all time, but as that's now been taken, I'll add Robocop 2 (and 3 while we're at it), all The Exorcist sequels/prequels, Blues Brothers 2000, and An American Werewolf In Paris. C'est de la merde!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here