Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Film 2015

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I decided to have a sneaky day of overtime today. Quite relaxing working on a Saturday without the phones ringing and with some good music pounding through my ears to go along with the bits and pieces my work want me and a few others to catch up on. I'm feeling tired now and tomorrow will be a cycle, a Polish film and some intense lying down. I don't tend to think i have been made more exhausted at all by Jurassic World, which i saw on the way home, in 3D at the Barbican. A fellow chap at work today had said not to expect anything new, and by jingo he was correct. It is pretty much the same as the ones before. Maybe a new generation will be surprised by a genetically modified dinosaur, if they haven't seen godzilla or dragons everywhere over the last decade, but it was difficult to really be shocked by this not very new beast. Not a blockbuster to cherish, but it had its moments, even if i'd seen them before.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I decided to have a sneaky day of overtime today. Quite relaxing working on a Saturday without the phones ringing and with some good music pounding through my ears to go along with the bits and pieces my work want me and a few others to catch up on. I'm feeling tired now and tomorrow will be a cycle, a Polish film and some intense lying down. I don't tend to think i have been made more exhausted at all by Jurassic World, which i saw on the way home, in 3D at the Barbican. A fellow chap at work today had said not to expect anything new, and by jingo he was correct. It is pretty much the same as the ones before. Maybe a new generation will be surprised by a genetically modified dinosaur, if they haven't seen godzilla or dragons everywhere over the last decade, but it was difficult to really be shocked by this not very new beast. Not a blockbuster to cherish, but it had its moments, even if i'd seen them before.

I am seeing Jurassic World this afternoon and was looking forward to it. I just knew you would take the wind out of my sails

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
I am seeing Jurassic World this afternoon and was looking forward to it. I just knew you would take the wind out of my sails

Uncle S, we're not lovers of similar films. If i were you i'd take my dislike for something as a reason to really like it! You have a strong admiration for your partial namesake, so i can see you liking it for those elements especially, and i honestly hope you do. As i said too, it had its moments, with a good setpiece or two, so it wasn't in my listings of Tripe of the Year awards, like that ruddy French film, which still gets my goat when i think of it.
Go off and love it, and never let my sour breath wash over your sails again.
:)

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Has to be a massive improvement to watching that irritating tw4t Jeff Goldblum.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Has to be a massive improvement to watching that irritating tw4t Jeff Goldblum.

Maybe it's good to have a bit of a twazzock in a disaster film that you wish to get lavaed to death or consumed. In this one i wanted one of the kids to get bitten in half. The quizzical one with the Bieberish hair preferably.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The Fly was ok tbf, but he was always that irritating bug eyed bloke from The Fly after that. He ruined Jurassic Park 1 & 2 for me.
I liked Independence day as well, mainly because of Will Smith rather than the great scientist Goldblum.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Jurassic World
Brighton Marina Cinema
Attendance - 80%

It had it all. This very much has Spielberg's stamp all over it. It is his film in all but Directing credits.

A decent story with great set pieces and the reprise of the excellent original score.

Dinosaurs running riot. Good humour a lump in the throat moment with a dying Brontosaurus and nods to the original.

With a 5 star review in the Mail and a 4 star review generally including the Mail and the Guardian It is the worthy late sequel to Jurassic Park. I LOVED it

8.5 out of 10

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Purge 2: Anarchy

Set in 2023, America crime rates are at an all time low for one reason – Purge night. One night a year, for 12 hours from 7pm-7am there are no laws. All crime is “legal”, including murder. The police and emergency services stand down and let everyone get on with it. Want to settle a grudge, or just fancy going on a killing spree ? Fill your boots, as long as it’s on Purge night anything goes, with no legal consequences for the perps.

Interesting idea, but the film was utterly daft. The tooled up ex-military “hero” of the piece sets out to murder a bloke who killed his son drink-driving. During the course of this he gets caught up with a small group of terrified civilians who he reluctantly allows to tag along with him because one of them has a friend across town who will give him a car (being as his own car got shot up). So he’s saddled with them throughout most of the film, dodging all the bullets and the general mayhem as he shepherds them across a war-torn city, purely because he needs a car. On Purge night. Could he not just, uhh, STEAL one ?? Its PURGE night ffs. This fact irritated me throughout the whole film.

That said, its moderately entertaining, and quite interesting to ponder the consequences if law was suspended and the police were to completely disappear for a night. If you can get over the silliness and park your brain for a while, there’s some fun to be had here.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Jurassic World
Brighton Marina Cinema
Attendance - 80%

It had it all. This very much has Spielberg's stamp all over it. It is his film in all but Directing credits.

A decent story with great set pieces and the reprise of the excellent original score.

Dinosaurs running riot. Good humour a lump in the throat moment with a dying Brontosaurus and nods to the original.

With a 5 star review in the Mail and a 4 star review generally including the Mail and the Guardian It is the worthy late sequel to Jurassic Park. I LOVED it

8.5 out of 10

I want to be excited for Jurassic World but I can't seem to muster.

Jurassic Park was my Star Wars. I saw it when I was 9 years old and it changed everything. Much like kids were amazed by Star Wars I was blown away by JP; there were dinosaurs up on that screen. Blew my tiny little mind. Part of that, I've realised since, was the mix of CG and animatronics. They looked real, like real things that existed right then.

My worry about JW is the lack of animatronics and reliance on CG. I've watched the trailers and the 'training' scenes with the raptors, whilst certainly impressive from a technical standpoint, don't have that same "Wow, look at that! A freaking dinosaur!" impact.

I'll watch it eventually and I really hope I'll be proven wrong; the series deserves much better than JP2 & 3!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I want to be excited for Jurassic World but I can't seem to muster.

Jurassic Park was my Star Wars. I saw it when I was 9 years old and it changed everything. Much like kids were amazed by Star Wars I was blown away by JP; there were dinosaurs up on that screen. Blew my tiny little mind. Part of that, I've realised since, was the mix of CG and animatronics. They looked real, like real things that existed right then.

My worry about JW is the lack of animatronics and reliance on CG. I've watched the trailers and the 'training' scenes with the raptors, whilst certainly impressive from a technical standpoint, don't have that same "Wow, look at that! A freaking dinosaur!" impact.

I'll watch it eventually and I really hope I'll be proven wrong; the series deserves much better than JP2 & 3!

I think you will be pleasantly surprised. There are several stand out scenes. It was much better than anyone had a right to expect

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Jurassic World
Brighton Marina Cinema
Attendance - 80%

8.5 out of 10

Edit - Express

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Jurassic World becomes the first film to take over $ 500 000 000 in it's first weekend of release Worldwide. $ 511 800 000

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I think you will be pleasantly surprised. There are several stand out scenes. It was much better than anyone had a right to expect

Neither Meade's Ball nor myself particularly liked it because it didn't contain an ethnic wheelchair bound Finnish dinosaur with learning difficulties I'm afraid Unc. #bring back Cheeky Monkey

In related news the other half persuaded me, against my better judgement, to sit down and watch Ex Machina on Virgin. Thoroughly unlikeable beardy weirdy guy killed it for me, don't like the main actor (also the lead actor in the underwhelming indie film Frank), boring story/nothing new, and finally it wasn't a f/ing Pedro Almodavar subtitled piece of continental cinema. Apart from that it was bloody brilliant. That said I loved the stunning house where it was shot, presumably somewhere in Alaska.

Stumpy Tim

I went to see Jurassic World 3D yesterday. It is what you would expect - good munching action with some soppy bits & a happy ending. I enjoyed it knowing it would basically be an updated version of the first one. If you don't want to think too much it's a good film. I liked the main guy - thought he was a bright spot

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Jurassic Park is one of my favourite whizz bangers. Jurassic World is one of the worst films I've seen in ages, and I've had to sit through The Twilight Saga with my niece. Even the excellent Chris Pratt couldn't save this lazy rehash. Awful. Avoid.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Jurassic Park is one of my favourite whizz bangers. Jurassic World is one of the worst films I've seen in ages, and I've had to sit through The Twilight Saga with my niece. Even the excellent Chris Pratt couldn't save this lazy rehash. Awful. Avoid.

Absolutely incredible. I am lost for words

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here