Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Film 2014

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Caught this year's Spandau Ballet documentary film Soul Boys of the Western World on Virgin last night. I'm not exactly a Spandau Ballet fan, but that was one fascinating watch, with some great footage of the whole 80s scene and the rise and 'fall' of the band, from 'cutting edge' 80s clubbers through to a bloated Hadley looking like a sweaty insurance salesman on stage in 2010. Could have done with a bit more on the acrimonious split/royalties issue, but only a minor gripe.

9/10 - for fans and non-fans alike.

You wouldn't get my botty on a seat long enough to have to sit through that, I admire your tenacity. It's akin to what they are currently doing on I'm A Celebrity.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Saw Interstellar in IMAX last night. Bloody excellent film. Great cinematography, fasinating story and amazing special effects. Would reccomend.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
I went to a midnight showing of this on its opening night/morning.

I have some issues with it (Billy Connolly's voice took me out of the movie partly because I wasn't expecting him in it, partly because the CG body that he voiced was like a dwarf version of his character from Brave, and partly because his voice just didn't match the look; some psychedelic moments seemed out of places, some additional moments felt crowbarred in) generally though, I liked it enough, doesn't take too many risks, but also doesn't embarrass it's heritage. A fitting addition to the series.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Went to see Paddington at the DoY's this afternoon. reasonable good starting point with some punchy dialogue gives way to a standard " Can we rescue ( insert as appropriate ) from the evil ( Insert as appropriate ) in time ? " film. Moments of clever comedy and great timing but the story rapidly went quite absurd with the arrival of Nicole Kidman's character, who looked like she had fallen out of Cloud Atlas.

A disappointed 7.2

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here