Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Film 2012

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 3D
I enjoyed this. I have issues with it (pacing, questioning whether everything is necessary (hello, fighting mountains), length, the anonymity of a couple of dwarfs, and the disappointment of the 3D (I know! But, it's Peter Jackson, and it was shot in 3D, so I thought he would do more with it), and just the general "more of the same" feeling that you get with the fourth film in a series that has a consistency to look and feel) but despite those qualms I liked it.

Stone Giants! They only appear in the Hobbit so I didn't mind inserting them into the story.

Even in the book certain Dwarves are more to the forefront of the story. It's hard to push them all to the fore when there's so many of them.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Just got round to watching Looper. Really, Really enjoyed it. Had to keep up mentally, but it all made sense and was well executed, eventually playing out like a modern day T2. I was much more invested than I was with Inception, and would say that in my opinion, Looper is the better film. Better late than never, I thought some of you might hold back until you'd seen my write up on NSC.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Just got round to watching Looper. Really, Really enjoyed it. Had to keep up mentally, but it all made sense and was well executed, eventually playing out like a modern day T2. I was much more invested than I was with Inception, and would say that in my opinion, Looper is the better film. Better late than never, I thought some of you might hold back until you'd seen my write up on NSC.

Ha! Films come out several months after the rest of the world in Japan so I got to watch that last night at the cinema. Not a bad film, pretty interesting. I thought it was a mix of Terminator and Carrie. For a hollywood film it has very morally ambiguous characters and quite a dark theme/ending. I enjoyed it. 7/10

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here