Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Film 2009

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
As far as big budget, summer blockbuster, popcorn movies go, this was great. If you start to analyse or think too deeply it isn't so hot (how many characters were thrown in either for the merchandising possibilities or as pandering to fan boys making ticking boxes more important than character development). But as a piece of entertainment this was a lot of fun.

I disagree, I thought it was poor.

Too long, Massive plot holes, and the bit where sam came back from the dead was the stupid.

Sadly there is clearly a third in the making.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Too long, Massive plot holes, and the bit where sam came back from the dead was the stupid.

That's why I say you shouldn't think about it. There were robots and explosions and megan fox, you weren't supposed to think about things like logic, and plot.

There were talks about bringing in the dinobots in this, but they decided to save that for later, so perhaps that'll be the third film.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Oh dear.

My run of average films continues.

The Unborn

A " horror " about an unborn who wants to enter the living World through a young woman. The child terrorises her and there is an exorcism at the end.

All complete nonsense really. A couple of decent shocks but overall pretty shite to be honest.

I am howver buoyed by the magnificent takings of Transformers 2 which took over
$ 200 000 000 at the US box office and nearly $ 400 000 000 Worldwide shoving it down the throats of the critics. I plan to see it on Thursday and Saturday. A full review will follow.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Can I hgihly recommend

Gran Torino

It is at your local dvd store now. I am getting it out tonight and it is f***ing superb and Eastwood is the coolest movie star of all time.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
That was my 2nd choice last night and I made an error not getting it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

$ 700 000 000 - T1
$ 400 000 000 - after 5 days - T2

I think there's a fair chance of T3

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Looking for Eric, brilliant movie, irrespective of what you think of United. Drugs, guns, football, life, love and loss, it has it all.

A bit like a long episode of Shameless but with Cantona popping up every now and then.

9/10

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Terminator: Salvation

Suffers from the inevitable comparisons with the first two films (which were just sci-fi masterpieces that will probably never be topped), but despite the shit reviews, I thought it was quite decent. Nothing very new here - in fact if anything, it borrows heavily from Transformers, War of the Worlds and even The Great Escape. But there are some nicely choreographed action sequences, particularly the chase scene with the motorbike Terminators. Overall, quite enjoyable

The Last House on the Left

I never saw the original so didn't really know what to expect with this. Not a bad little horror/thriller, but a particularly harrowing and extensive RAPE scene in it means this won't be to everyones tastes. Not bad though.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I Saw three films this weekend!

Ice age 3.

I loved the first two, however this one was a bit weak. Few nice lines sadly you have more than likely already seen them on the adverts.

Year One

Very funny, Im a big michael cera fan from arrested development and him and Jack Black work well together.

Public Enemies

Unlike most films this lengh I didnt find myself looking at my watch, very good and Depp is great in it. Pisses all over Tansformers

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ice Age 3
The franchise is certainly losing some lustre. The 3D was pretty pointless, but whe it comes to 3D there is conflict, you don't want it to rely on 3D or else no one bus the dvd, but this seemed to go too far in the other direction.

I was worried about simon pegg's character, but I thought he did well. Some funny lines, but the opening five minutes alone was the only trailer thye played for a year or so before every family oriented 3D film, then for a while the last few months.

I didn't hate it, but really, if you are going to see it, save yourself a couple of quid an watch the 2D version, you'll miss nothing.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Ice Age 3
The franchise is certainly losing some lustre. The 3D was pretty pointless, but whe it comes to 3D there is conflict, you don't want it to rely on 3D or else no one bus the dvd, but this seemed to go too far in the other direction.

I was worried about simon pegg's character, but I thought he did well. Some funny lines, but the opening five minutes alone was the only trailer thye played for a year or so before every family oriented 3D film, then for a while the last few months.

I didn't hate it, but really, if you are going to see it, save yourself a couple of quid an watch the 2D version, you'll miss nothing.

I was really hacked of about paying extra for the 3d.

Im a cineworld card holder and they charged me £1.70 to watch it.

I thought Pegg was good, as Buck - he was the best bit about the film as the others are getting a little tiring.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was really hacked of about paying extra for the 3d.

Im a cineworld card holder and they charged me £1.70 to watch it.

I thought Pegg was good, as Buck - he was the best bit about the film as the others are getting a little tiring.

I was only charge £1.50 extra. Are you a west end cinema goer or is it different in different cinemas?I was first charged for coraline, which was annoying because it came the same month that the monthly fee increased.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He's not that into you.

A chick flick about blokes all being complete and utter bastards and dicks basically.

It had some amusing moments but there was not 1 male represented who was not portrayed to be a complete shit, apart from 1 who was portrayed as a loser.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
1. Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (2009) $42.5M $67.5M
2 Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009) $42.5M $293M
3 Public Enemies (2009) $26.2M $41M
4 The Proposal (2009) $12.8M $94.2M
5 The Hangover (2009) $10.4M $204M
6 Up (2009) $6.58M $265M
7 My Sister's Keeper (2009) $5.25M $26M
8 The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 (2009) $2.5M $58.5M
9 Year One (2009) $2.1M $38.1M
10 Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian (2009) $2.1M $168M

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm Not Scared - Italian film about a boy who finds a disturbing sectret down a hole in the country. Nice little tale, with great performances from kids (and I normally can't stand kids doing acting) and beautifully shot. Well worth a watch.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
RocknRolla

Guy Ritchie is BANG on form and back in the territory he knows best - a fast-paced London crime caper with larger-than-life characters, a criss-cross plot and a script so sharp you could grate cheese with it. If Lock Stock and Snatch is your thing, make sure you see this. Superbly entertaining fayre, the hour and fifty absolutely FLEW by. I can't WAIT for the sequal.

Yes, this film is pretty good. Quite basic and that but nice and easy to watch. Probably worth 7 points from 10.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
In RocknRolla the fight outside the pub with the "pencil" incident was filmed just near where I work. FACT.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Public Enemies

Was looking forward to this one, as Bale and Depp are two of my favourite actors; Bale specifically for American Psycho and the criminally underrated The Prestige, and Depp for almost everything he's done.

Slightly disappointed. The 30's setting was very cool and immersive, but the film took a while to get going and there weren't enough genuinely quality scenes for me. Not bad, but not what it could've been.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here