Fighting Talk

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
A thoroughly enjoyable Saturday morning listen, always raises a few chuckles.

Anyone care to agree or disagree??

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
yup...always podcast it and listen in the car during the week

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
i listen at work but get bloody annoyed as the phone keeps on ringing

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Colin Murray is more omnipresent than Jon Barrowman, when does that guy get time to sleep!?! Presents American sports at a stupid hour on Channel Five, also presents John Barnes football show on Channel Five, does at least a couple of radio shows, wrote an article in the Observer last week... Christ, I do one job and its more than enough thanks!

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The thing with CM on FT, who I generally really like anyway, is whenever someone else stands in they are rubbish.

Murray obviously really enjoys the show and the panelists which comes across really well.

My Monday podcast listening is always, FT, Complete Guide.., Frank Skinner and then Danny Baker.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My Monday podcast listening is always, FT, Complete Guide.., Frank Skinner and then Danny Baker.

Greetings comrade !

I've been listening to the Frank Skinner podcasts for ages, ploughed through most of the back catalogue now. Really thought I'd miss Gareth, but The Cockeral has been a brilliant replacement. And I'd like to rim Emily.

There, I said it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Cockeral will be pleased.

I do find myself getting a bit pissed of with the other woman and her constant stream of laughter.
But that's pretty churlish compared to how funny the programme is.

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
Been listening to FT for about 6 years now. Really good show, although has gone downhill a bit recently, with the quality of guests. John Bishop was brilliant on it, before he became ultra-famous. Generally, ex-footballers are rubbish on it, esp. Roberto di Savage, Sir Les, Matt of Holland etc., although Dietmar Hamman was pretty good.

I too listen in the car to brighten up dull weekday mornings, alongwith Albion Roar, Sportsweek, The News Quiz, 606, etc

Best guests are Bob Mills (fantastic), the Kelner, Steve Bunce, Simon Day, Tom Watt, Ellie Oldroyd, Greg Brady, John Rawling, Kevin Bridges, Jim White, Mark Watson.

Can't stand Will Buckley, Jon Richardson, Jeff Probyn, Kathryn Merry... and I see Dominic Cork was on recently, which immediately led me to delete the podcast!

For anyone who'd like to make their acquaintance with the show, here's Uncle Wiki for you...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fighting_Talk

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
In the last couple of years, I have come round to this line of thought. It sorts out the first few tube journeys of my week and has introduced me to Martin Kelner, who is as bone-dry as they come and very amusing. He has a sideline in writing reviews on Amazon: Amazon.co.uk: Profile For Martin B. Kelner: Reviews - makes me chuckle.

I think Martin Kelner is more responsible than most for me laughing out loud whilst listening to the Podcast going to work.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yep, been listening for the full 9 years, a very good format, I remember Vaughan upsetting a travel girl once, she was reading all traffic reports and he kept butting in and when he said 'look why don't you read out the roads that don't have any traffic as it will be quicker', she flipped out and live on air said she was going to report him!....awkward.....

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
If it has 2 or more of Kelner, Henning Wehn, Steve Bunce, John Rawling, Eleanor Oldroyd and Simon Day on it it's normally great if it hasn't it's normally very good.

What with Danny Baker before hand 5 really does have Saturday mornings tied up for me

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If it has 2 or more of Kelner, Henning Wehn, Steve Bunce, John Rawling, Eleanor Oldroyd and Simon Day on it it's normally great if it hasn't it's normally very good.

What with Danny Baker before hand 5 really does have Saturday mornings tied up for me
Looks like your wish has been granted.

I won't be back on this thread till Monday PM for fear of spoilers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports