Fighting Mark McGhee

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
Why does McGhee find it necessary to remonstrate with the crowd?

Not for the first time this season he reacted angrily to comments directed at him by some of the more excitable members of D block, who were trying to make the point that having no striker on the bench was not a brilliant idea.

He looked like a drunken Glaswegian on the tiles in the Gorbals on a Saturday night, but the most annoying thing was that we couldn't hear what he was saying.

What next MarK? Will you come into the crowd and 'put a head on someone?'

Accept you got it wrong and act with some dignity. We all appreciate the constraints you're under but the formation that came out today was hardly likely to have Crewe shaking in their boots.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
The people who hurl abuse at Mark McGhee should keep their mouths shut and vent their feelings afterwards or out of earshot. I don't blame him for reacting. We should be SUPPORTING him and the team not audibly slagging them off, however fed up we are. The people who do this really p*** me off!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
tadley gull said:
Why does McGhee find it necessary to remonstrate with the crowd?

Not for the first time this season he reacted angrily to comments directed at him by some of the more excitable members of D block,

As has Micky, Peter Taylor and Steve Coppell not to mention Hinshelwood.

We are really good at abuse in this club aren't we|?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Fran Hagarty said:
The people who hurl abuse at Mark McGhee should keep their mouths shut and vent their feelings afterwards or out of earshot. I don't blame him for reacting. We should be SUPPORTING him and the team not audibly slagging them off, however fed up we are. The people who do this really p*** me off!

My thoughts exactly Fran-the people responsible are near you and only a few yards away from me. What is the point of yelling crap like "We don't paid 100k to manage the team but you do McGhee". That'll really encourage him to sign a new contract.:shootself

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Bwian said:
My thoughts exactly Fran-the people responsible are near you and only a few yards away from me. What is the point of yelling crap like "We don't paid 100k to manage the team but you do McGhee". That'll really encourage him to sign a new contract.:shootself

Agreed. People like that could cost us a good manager. No wonder so many of them walk. Think of that day in Cardiff and fluffy bunnies and plain chocolate digestives - and smile. :)

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You don't think it might be because he cares do you?

Re: Re: Fighting Mark McGhee

Yorkie said:
As has Micky, Peter Taylor and Steve Coppell not to mention Hinshelwood.

We are really good at abuse in this club aren't we|?

The stuff that gets hurled at our own players and staff is enough to make anyone downcast or get their feelings hurt.

Is a 'supporter' someone who only cheers when the ball hits the opposition's net? That doesn't seem to fit the description.

mindyjaja

May 9, 2004
Fran Hagarty said:

Could'nt agree more, everyone is entitled to their opinion but why kick a team & manager when it is down ???
He plays defensive - people whinge
He plays attacking - people whinge

As for C Block Whingy bloke, well, there isn't a word in the English language which describes him...........I have managed to glean his name from a trusted source and if his consistent slagging of the team/players continues I shall have no other option than to name and shame..........

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Mark McGhee is a hero and if there is any headbutting to be done in D block I will join him.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I am proud that H block sang Marky Marky give us a wave (which he did)

We also started the 'Great Escape' to try and lift the atmosphere.
Is it any coincidence that we got a consolation goal when that started?

mindyjaja

May 9, 2004
I was one of three people in C Block encouraging Leon after his one on one miss

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yorkie said:

Same here. Probably gave him a wee bit of a boost after the abuse from some muppets in D Block.

High time the dugouts were moved across the pitch to the North Stand. Accident waiting to happen where they are at the moment.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Yorkie said:

I couldn't hear any of that and it was like a morge in D block. I doubt any players on the pitch could hear it either.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Yorkie said:

Yes I think it was a coincidence.

Im not diagreeing for the sake of it but I dont think you can suggest that because one block started being a bit more upbeat the players scored.

I was in F Block and I could hardly hear that.

I think its great that you were all singing and getting behind the team but it had nothing to do with why we scored.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Fran Hagarty said:

Hit the nail on the head! or the ball in the net... :lolol:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I dont think we should abuse McGhee but I can see why some people were yesterday.

It is not because they are tossers it is because they care about the team.

I dont shot at the manager or the players because I dont think it helps.

Some people cannot help it.

The thing that go to me yesterday was when there was a break. We were 3v0 down and all the players were drinking near the dug out. McGhee did not say one word to any of them. Dario Gradi was out of his dugout barking orders etc.

Im not saying its good to shout at the players etc and I dont. BUT I can see why some people did yesterday.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
I thought the idiots who abused Piercy when he came off were disgraceful. He's been suffering from an unpleasant and debilitating medical condition and deserves some encouragement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports