[Albion] Fight after the game.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
image.png

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
A West Ham fan I used to know got beaten up by other West Ham fans. Paraphrasing him...They were looking for the other team’s fans to fight but I think they picked on me because I was a punk, even though I had a West Ham scarf on...it was probably because he was on his own as well.

el punal

How did the Chelsea fans know your were an opposing team supporter, or could you have just been attacked because you were there and the fact you were a football supporter was irrelevant.

This reminds me of an incident at the start of the 1977/78 season. The Albion were playing a pre-season friendly against Brentford at Griffin Park. I went along, with my girlfriend at the time, to watch the lads perform. We stood behind the goal and after about 20 minutes a copper came up to us and advised us to move. Why, I asked. He replied that there were about a dozen Chelsea fans at the back of the stand ready to come down and kick the shit out of us. We moved.

Which begs the question - why would Chelsea fans be at a Brentford pre-season friendly? The answer - so that their knuckle dragging f***wits could lay into any innocent fans just watching the game and minding their own business. Luckily we got away unscathed, many on other occasions did not.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I remember walking through the snow back to the coach in snow in the 80’s after stuffing them 3-1.
Being slightly inebriated three of us lagged behind to be enveloped by about 15 wolves fans who strangely enough had been in our end...
Feels slightly vulnerable I asked a lowly copper what he thought of our situation, where after having a casual look round, he replied in the mournful Black Country accent “ Yer ****ed lads”....
On hearing this we ran like ****.....

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don’t get attacked at football, and I’ve been to a few. I have no idea why completely innocent people end up having a fight at a football match.

It's strange as to why and where violence can break out. Like you l've not been involved in any kind of fracas at a football match. That's despite travelling to well known hotspots such as the Den, Upton Park, Elland Road, and Smellhurst Park back in the 1980's.

And yet there I was, sitting in the buffet and Bath Spa station waiting for my train home after seeing us play Bristol Rovers, when I suddenly found myself on the floor having been whacked in the fave by an elderly home 'fan'.

To this day I can't work out how he knew what my allegiances were, I wasn't wearing any colours, and his team had just won!

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Seems to be a fair bit of this creeping back into the game. Strange seeing it in the PL with all the CCTV and named ticket holders only, but the authorities are worried that the policing levels are now not able to cope with the type of crowd disorder that was around in the 70's/80's. Not that crowds are like that anymore, more families etc nowadays, but the policing is still quite softly-softly now and the stewards are not really up to it if something does kick off.

From my experience most fans coming to the Amex are ok, add to the atmosphere and go home dignified in defeat :D

However, there are still some twats who behave like it is the 70,s lashing out at random easy targets. Can't believe no one got lifted.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43140824

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This reminds me of an incident at the start of the 1977/78 season. The Albion were playing a pre-season friendly against Brentford at Griffin Park. I went along, with my girlfriend at the time, to watch the lads perform. We stood behind the goal and after about 20 minutes a copper came up to us and advised us to move. Why, I asked. He replied that there were about a dozen Chelsea fans at the back of the stand ready to come down and kick the shit out of us. We moved.

Which begs the question - why would Chelsea fans be at a Brentford pre-season friendly? The answer - so that their knuckle dragging f***wits could lay into any innocent fans just watching the game and minding their own business. Luckily we got away unscathed, many on other occasions did not.

... and some portray hooligans from the good old days as brave heroes, Queensbury Rules and all that.

Just as in pub or West St attacks, cowards attack from behind or when not expected.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's strange as to why and where violence can break out. Like you l've not been involved in any kind of fracas at a football match. That's despite travelling to well known hotspots such as the Den, Upton Park, Elland Road, and Smellhurst Park back in the 1980's.

And yet there I was, sitting in the buffet and Bath Spa station waiting for my train home after seeing us play Bristol Rovers, when I suddenly found myself on the floor having been whacked in the fave by an elderly home 'fan'.

To this day I can't work out how he knew what my allegiances were, I wasn't wearing any colours, and his team had just won!

Because you didn’t sound like a Wurzel.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .

Chelsea were in our end at the back of the terrace taking pops at Brighton fans at the 4-3 loss away to Charlton that season too.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
As a innocent bystander being attacked and you were with a mate and they didn't help you out , i would seriously consider how much of a mate this was , on the other hand if you're mouthing it off at away fans and get a clump for your troubles then tough shit .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here