13. Cameroon
14. Mexico
15. Croatia
16. Ghana
17. Scotland
18. Bulgaria
19. Columbia
20. Turkey

Just looked them up, and thought they looked abit weird.

are they any teams you would mix round or any teams you would put in/out of the top 20?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I have thought for a long long time they should just issue them on a continental basis. Pointless otherwise. For example Croatia can not possibly be worse than Cameroon.

As for others England should be number one of course.

cjwoolven

Jun 4, 2008
and taking into account that these were issued before the euro 08, and the african nations have only just been and gone... although considering that, Ivory coast arnt in there...

plus the fact that we got knocked out of the euro by russia and there are nowhere to been seen .... :rolleyes:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I reckon that lot was compiled by Agatha Christie...there is no way that Turkey are worse than Scotland.

cjwoolven

Jun 4, 2008
like i said, i dont know HOW the hell they came up with this order...
has me totally confused.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Whats odd is Argentina are top depsite not winning anything really. Not sure how they come to this list. What ever the England haters say we do deserve to be in top 10

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Whats odd is Argentina are top depsite not winning anything really. Not sure how they come to this list. What ever the England haters say we do deserve to be in top 10

How on earth can you say that when we couldn't even qualify for Euro2008. For me this is part of the problem with the national team -unrealistic expectaions based on a jingoistic overating of our place in the pecking order.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
FIFA rankings are the bug bear of my Nigerian father-in-law. He believes youth teams should be taken into consideration too, to give a true reflection of each nations current world ranking.

No surprise that such a system would have Nigeria streets ahead of Cameroon & Ghana :lolol:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Brazil are not doing very well at the moment and have some shockingly poor results lately, so that maybe why they arn't top. - The problem with the system is how they judge the African nations etc compare as they tend to play more major tourno's such as the African Nations Cup every year, to something like the Euros etc...

England will be dropping down the rankings after the Euros are over, I think it is partly based on results over several major tourno's such as 2 Euro's and 2 world cup performances for Euro teams, so by not qualifying for this one, it will affect our ranking for several years and could mean tougher draws for qualification competitions and being unseeded if we do make it through.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
They're going to change the rankings system again after the Euro's.

Now England have failed to qualify, they'll be in the third pot for the next qualification stages.

Also, we'll be out the top 15 and I think lower than Scotland.

Scotland's two 1-0 victories against France for them really mean a hell of a lot of points.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
How on earth can you say that when we couldn't even qualify for Euro2008. For me this is part of the problem with the national team -unrealistic expectaions based on a jingoistic overating of our place in the pecking order.

Why do people love to hate England so much:rant:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here