Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FIFA Officials Arrested

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Interesting to see Platini's plea to Blatter to quit. Obviously the answer was going to be NEVER! So I wonder what his counter threat was - UEFA to abandon FIFA with the major sponsor? At least Putin is backing poor Don Blatterone.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
We can all do our bit here by taking to Twitter, Facebook etc and showing our dissatisfaction that huge global brands that the majority of us use on a daily basis are sponsors of corruption. There will be marketing teams in these businesses watching and trying to understand what their customer think of these events. Every tweet and post will add pressure to each one of the sponsors.

Do your bit!

Very true #boycottfifasponsors

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
UK Prime Minister David Cameron is calling for for Mr Blatter to resign. Russian President Vladimir Putin has backed Mr Blatter for a fifth term.

Mr Blatter says he has no intention of resigning, the BBC understands.

Key sponsors have expressed concern over twin corruption investigations by the US and Swiss authorities.

what a surprise Putin backing the poison dwarf.....obviously chewbackka from qatar is supporting him too...!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We can all do our bit here by taking to Twitter, Facebook etc and showing our dissatisfaction that huge global brands that the majority of us use on a daily basis are sponsors of corruption. There will be marketing teams in these businesses watching and trying to understand what their customer think of these events. Every tweet and post will add pressure to each one of the sponsors.

Do your bit!
I started doing my bit months ago, by boycotting FIFA sponsors, and encouraging NSC users to do the same. It's not like we've only just found out the FIFA is corrupt and ruining football is it. Still better late than never, so welcome aboard.

jameswestport

Sep 7, 2011
How is it the public has known that Fifa is corrupt for so long and only now are we seeing any action taken? Qatar like come on!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
These are the 2018 official partners:

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/organisation/partners/

I can't find a list of 2022 yet.
Wish I could withdraw my custom from these organisations, but I don't use any of them anyway! (I did have a Visa credit card, but I cancelled it, and told them why).

Don't understand all this Twitter and Twatter stuff - but if anyone can provide a link to a place where I can register my displeasure, that would be most welcome!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Remember during Garica's investigation, it emerged that the Russian bid teams laptops had all mysteriously been "destroyed" after the bid was won ? If the entire bid process was found to be corrupt, then there are certainly grounds to have it re-run. And there are countries who lost out in that bid process who already have the infrastructure in place to lay on a World Cup starting this Sunday, were it awarded (ok I exaggerate a tad, but you get my point).

Given a year or even 6 months notice, why could England (for example) not host ?

Or Spain/Portugal who scored more votes than us. It is the Qatar bid that concerns me. I have no issue with Russia's hosting. The bid process is something else.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I honestly thought Blatter was going to do the honourable thing and resign.

Should have known he was not that honourable.

#boycottfifasponsors

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Platini has just said that he expects a MINIMUM of 45 or 46 of the 54 EUFA federations to vote for Prince Ali. That's pretty emphatic from EUFA and would give Platini a mandate to withdraw from FIFA.

I read elsewhere that the only possible heavy-hitters in Europe that could support Blatter are Spain and Russia so with the likes of Germany, Italy, France, England, Holland, Sweden, Portugal et al all against a Blatter-led FIFA then Blatter's days are surely numbered.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Although the bidding for the next two WCs are likely to be shown to be corrupt (der), and the South Africa and Brazil bids are also being investigated, it will be interesting to see how far back the corruption goes. Japan/Korea, France and the States were the previous hosts.

I can't see Russia and Qatar losing out now, the best we can hope for is a fairer and more transparent voting system for 2026 and beyond.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Platini has just said that he expects a MINIMUM of 45 or 46 of the 54 EUFA federations to vote for Prince Ali. That's pretty emphatic from EUFA and would give Platini a mandate to withdraw from FIFA.

Best news I've heard all day!

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Platini: "If Blatter is re-elected then EUFA will meet in Berlin to discuss its relationship with FIFA"

The Times journalist: "Will EUFA teams withdraw from competitions?"
Platini: "We will discuss ALL possible scenarios"

Germany did threaten UEFA that FIFA will pull out before

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I believe Blatter has just said that UEFA would consider leaving FIFA. I can't recall his exact words as my jaw hit the deck.

It's a win win I think. If Blatter loses, he's gone. If Blatter wins, then UEFA leaves and we can do our own thing. Either way, Blatter is a dead man walking, surely.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I believe Blatter has just said that UEFA would consider leaving FIFA. I can't recall his exact words as my jaw hit the deck.

It's a win win I think. If Blatter loses, he's gone. If Blatter wins, then UEFA leaves and we can do our own thing. Either way, Blatter is a dead man walking, surely.

You mean Platini? I want Blatter to win. Let's push the nuclear button and let Blatter go down with all his cronies around him.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
To clarify, it'll be fun finally seeing these corrupt old duffers finally brought to book. Its already fun watching their absurd pretence that all is well, while worldwide scorn and ridicule rains down on Blatter and his reeking organisation. Its fun watching Blatter desperately trying to distance himself from the FBI indictments, still attempting to take a "strong stance", as if none of this is anything to do with him. When the prosecutions are secured in a Federal court (and they will be - the FBI doesn't issue indictments without having rock-solid evidence), when these high-level FIFA officials are sent down, then Blatters world will collapse. All this happened under his watch, over decades. He will be found to be either complicit, or incompetent. Either way, he's done for.

THAT will be fun.

I agree with this, and furthermore the FBI can't have ever taken an action that has caused so much interest outside of the USA. They will be under huge international scrutiny to be seen to do the right thing, and must be seen to be strong and in control. Blatter won't know what's hit him.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Listening to him, you realise that Platini is also crap. Football really does need some decent administrators.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I call that lose/win.

Yes it would be great if Blatter goes, but does anyone think that will make much difference? FIFA is corrupt through and through, and the beautiful game won't be saved just by getting rid of sepp tw@tter. He's old and would stop soon enough anyway.

UEFA leaving FIFA would be the best we could hope for here, and even that falls way short of what I'd like. Is there anyone here suggesting that Platini isn't also corrupt? Isn't he largely responsible for the WC going to Qatar?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here