Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fifa 17

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Overall I'm a little disappointed with the quality, I've got the game today but have only played the trial, hoping that there a few "iron outs" in the full game because the graphics seem to have taken a step backwards- the cut scenes are good, but the overall presentation and gameplay is all a but over familiar. The tweaks they have done, like penalties, aren't worth it. I'll persevere, because it's fifa, and I'm a mug, but this frostbite engine they're banging on about has to step up a great because at the moment it's not much, if at all better than last year.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Out of stock in store as far as I can see.
I will have a look after midnight or tomorrow morning to see if it's updated the stock in Brighton.

Coincidence! I just finished reading that article before seeing your post.
I still think I'll go for the PS4 as my little brothers are on there.

But the Xbox One S looks a great deal, especially with proper HDR and 4K drive.
However I can't find the £199.99 deal.

Bing (google) is great. That deal was on hot UK deals the other day from Tesco. But now gone back up to 249.99. Shame.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It's pretty good, I found it to be a completely different game to 16, seems faster and the players actually move off the ball.

The Penalties are shite though, and I am not sure on the new free kick/corners - they are like an old Snes game

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Saw this way too late, have checked the listed deals (Argos, Tesco Direct, Amazon etc) all sold out unfortunately.

Yeah me too. Argos have now removed the original PS4-500GB from their website, so I think they've sold them all off over the last 48 hours.
I'll keep an eye out though, there's bound to be more deals coming up.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
I like it, needs a patch to sort out the delay in shooting/passing which will come.

I think it's really fluid, feels more natural, loving the new free kicks! I've only played one game of Pro Clubs and some Ultimate team. Will probably play The Journey on Sunday when i'm hungover.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
First FIFA game i've purchased since 14. Liking it so far, have scored a couple of goals from corners including a fantastic header from the penalty spot with Hemed. Have started playing The Journey and enjoying it although the acting is very cheesy.

Likeness wise a few of the Brighton players are spot on, although David Stockdale looks like the bloke who plays Will Halstead in Chicago Med.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's pretty good, I found it to be a completely different game to 16, seems faster and the players actually move off the ball.

The Penalties are shite though, and I am not sure on the new free kick/corners - they are like an old Snes game

So....how do the penalties work when you're playing with someone else? Because obviously the arrow thing must not show up or they'd know where you're kicking it - but without the arrow it looks pretty tough?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Get out and play the real thing you droids! :)

PS is it better than Int.Football on C64? Now that was a GAME!

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
So....how do the penalties work when you're playing with someone else? Because obviously the arrow thing must not show up or they'd know where you're kicking it - but without the arrow it looks pretty tough?

You easily turn it off and pray you've figured it out. Or, you keep it on, and it becomes a game of cat and mouse. You hold to the left the whole time, only changing the direction the very last possible second. Then your opponent has to be second guessing you, whether you stick or change your direction in your run up.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

You can turn the arrow off.

I have tried it without the arrow and I didn't score one.... I imagine with practice it maybe easier.

expect to do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odQlDUyBwxs

a lot

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You easily turn it off and pray you've figured it out. Or, you keep it on, and it becomes a game of cat and mouse. You hold to the left the whole time, only changing the direction the very last possible second. Then your opponent has to be second guessing you, whether you stick or change your direction in your run up.

You can turn the arrow off.

I have tried it without the arrow and I didn't score one.... I imagine with practice it maybe easier.

expect to do this:

a lot

Sounds like they haven't really thought it through to me.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Whichever system we have I have to be Real Madrid and either of my lads plays as some obscure Norweigan team and I still lose, but not by as much!

(All cheats that they don't know about welcome!)

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Get out and play the real thing you droids! :)

PS is it better than Int.Football on C64? Now that was a GAME!

Was that the one with Emelyn Hughes on the cover? I thought that was the dogs bollox back then but recently saw a clip of it on YouTube and it doesn't look so 'cutting edge' now

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I tried the demo and it seems a lot more fluid.

Maybe this is tin foil hat but do they make it easier to score screamers in the demo to make people feel good and tempted to buy it. Because I scored some worldies and I'm pretty shit, maybe this is just 'my' version.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Was that the one with Emelyn Hughes on the cover? I thought that was the dogs bollox back then but recently saw a clip of it on YouTube and it doesn't look so 'cutting edge' now

Nope, that was a different game. The aforementioned was the standout game that left Spectrum players crying from jealously

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Been out for a bit now and I've really gone off it.

I personally think it's a really poor game, looks great but doesn't play well.

I'm not a massive gamer, so it might just be me :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here