Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FIFA 17 The anger.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I just won the domestic treble with WEST HAM on LEGENDARY. Lost 3 games all season.

And I've just started my online seasons thingy and won my first 10 games.

I've not once felt the computer or opposition had suddenly improved. If it is doing it then it's certainly not that difficult to beat.

It only seems to be people who aren't THAT good at it who find this.....

And yes....I probably shouldn't be so smug about being good at a video game at 30 years old.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Not quite the same but can recall the big debate around hidden stats in Championship Manager back in the 90s.

Everton were always way better than the stats suggested, as the Collyers (programmers) were fans.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Not quite the same but can recall the big debate around hidden stats in Championship Manager back in the 90s.

Everton were always way better than the stats suggested, as the Collyers (programmers) were fans.
As someone who did the Albion for CM3, there was a potential stat that you never saw that was the maximum potential a player could reach but don't know if there were others. Probably more that they didn't have the ability to balance teams like they do now which is why Stafford Browne is amazing - I had to do the stats before the season started and he scored 3 or 4 against Hailsham in a friendly and looked immense. A bit more balanced these days! :whistle:

BTW - I asked if I could get NSC to help with the stats but they were worried about journos getting wind and I think you were who they quoted! :wave:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You should play Pro Evo. The tide has turned and it's just a substantially better game again now.

This.
I have PES16, its FAR superior to FIFA imo. Just more fluid and intuitive. FIFA always feels like you're playing on rails.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
In all seriousness where you could be coming unstuck is playing out of form players in career mode. You want to have a look at the squad report when your picking your team and see what the players mood and form is like. If they have 'good' or 'excellent' form then everything they touch goes in, whereas players in poor form will literally miss an open goal from 2 yards.

Will admit there are some very very annoying little things on FIFA. Like when you come bowling out of defence with a full back hoping your winger makes a run for you but he just stands there like a total lemon.

I always drop out of form players :shrug:. It's just scripted.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I read that Ipswich and ex-palace scum Jonny Williams was upset that his FIFA player is marked as injury prone in the game. I agree it's totally inaccurate, the big spammed weirdo should have forehead a foot wide. Come on EA up your game!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Anyone who loses their shit when things don't go their way on a computer game, needs to have a long hard look at themselves.

Same with watching 11 men from various countries/regions kicking a ball about under the name "Brighton"? It's only a game.

If anything, getting annoyed at a computer game, where you are in control and your own errors **** things up makes more sense.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Anyone who loses their shit when things don't go their way on a computer game, needs to have a long hard look at themselves.

I am, hence the post, it's only this game, every other game I play I get mildly frustrated at most when things don't go my way. But FIFA: :angry::censored::censored::censored::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::wanker::wanker::wanker::angry::angry::angry::angry::censored::censored:

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
I remember rushing home with a new copy of Fifa 2001 to play on my PS2 and being so disappointed I took it back and swapped for PES.

Never looked back, it's had its ups and downs but it doesn't play like a game that a 4 year old can master like Fifa does.

Just upgraded to a PS4 so need to think about PES 17, been happily playing PES 16 on my PS3 for the last 18 months.

Jul 7, 2003
Will admit there are some very very annoying little things on FIFA. Like when you come bowling out of defence with a full back hoping your winger makes a run for you but he just stands there like a total lemon.

Lua Lua mode?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
One good thing about the game being called off - I decided to pop to Asda and get some beer. By the checkouts was a small selection of games on sale with the prices not on show. Picked up PES2017 for the PS4 - £10. Bargain!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here