Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fifa 16

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Ok, I'm going to say it. I have been 100% the fifa side of the fence since 2009. Until now.

PES 2016 is unbelievable in terms of gameplay. It feels like football. Switching between Fifa's annoying, pedestrian gameplay and still infuriating scripting to PES is like jumping 5 versions. Players burst forward, can actually smash shots, pass quickly (although that's better in fifa 16 than it was before) and so much more. It just feels like a better game.

Am I delusional? Is this the end? Should I switch? Do you care?

It was on the strength of this thread that I downloaded the PES demo just out of interest. I found it very frustrating to play and didn't like it one bit. Many have said the gameplay is superior, so I'm sure there is something in it, but each to their own I guess.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
It was on the strength of this thread that I downloaded the PES demo just out of interest. I found it very frustrating to play and didn't like it one bit. Many have said the gameplay is superior, so I'm sure there is something in it, but each to their own I guess.

I agree, the switch is bloody hard. And there's just something so familiar with Fifa. It's still a fantastic game. But thinking about it in terms of a real football match, PES has nailed it for me. I've realised that what I do when I play Fifa is just that. I play FIFA. There's more to love than ever this year, but you find that the same old formulas have to be followed in order to score. It gets pretty boring pretty quick. PES does something to surprise me in every match I play.

Truth be told, I'll probably get both games, get frustrated that I'm crap on Pes, then switch back to Fifa..

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Uu
I agree, the switch is bloody hard. And there's just something so familiar with Fifa. It's still a fantastic game. But thinking about it in terms of a real football match, PES has nailed it for me. I've realised that what I do when I play Fifa is just that. I play FIFA. There's more to love than ever this year, but you find that the same old formulas have to be followed in order to score. It gets pretty boring pretty quick. PES does something to surprise me in every match I play.

Truth be told, I'll probably get both games, get frustrated that I'm crap on Pes, then switch back to Fifa..

I think you've nailed it there, there are so many different ways to score on PES that no two games are alike. There's an option file out already with all of the proper kits and badges and I spent all evening last night importing them into the game, but it was worth it, it now looks and plays very nice indeed. I do like the look of the 'trainer' in this years FIFA which shows you which button combination to press as you play, to perform some of the more complicated moves; and on the strength of that, I'll be buying it.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I seem to be in a minority in that I've always been PES man since the PS2 days when some classic games were produced.

PES did not transition well to the PS3 or 360 for some reason and fifa seized on that as the only big brand football sim available.

PES 2015 was very good and the signs are this year's effort will see the series back to the heights of the PS2. It will always lack the depth of licences the Fifa juggernaut has, so many won't buy PES simply because of that.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Waiting for my PS4 and Fifa to arrive................ I leave the house at 11:00 so know I'll see the van pulling up as I drive off :-/

Been 3 years since I had a copy on my 360 so looking forward to getting back into it. Had the odd game on various versions since against mates round their's but just not had the time to justify my own. This treat should change that. Career mode will come to the fore I'm sure but I'll give FUT a go without spending any real money too

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
gonna read a book instead.. Any recommendations?

I just finished Living on the volcano. Brilliant read. Interviews with football managers from up and down the leagues including a chat with our very own Chris Hughton (and also a little bit about Oscar after leaving us).

Just very interesting stuff. Fascinating to hear from the minds behind the characters in the dugout.

Interestingly, there's an in-depth bit with Holloway and, after reading it, he went up in my estimation a great deal. He comes across, behind closed doors, as a very wise, honest yet still slightly peculiar individual.

jameswestport

Sep 7, 2011
I just finished Living on the volcano. Brilliant read. Interviews with football managers from up and down the leagues including a chat with our very own Chris Hughton (and also a little bit about Oscar after leaving us).

Just very interesting stuff. Fascinating to hear from the minds behind the characters in the dugout.

Interestingly, there's an in-depth bit with Holloway and, after reading it, he went up in my estimation a great deal. He comes across, behind closed doors, as a very wise, honest yet still slightly peculiar individual.

Thanks mate! Looks very interesting! Can't wait to give it a read now. Two thumbs up to you!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here