Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fifa 12

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I've just realised that my son - bless his cotton socks!!! Has been playing this game on Xbox live!!! I was just checking through the bank account online and since October he's spent just over 280 pounds - I strongly suggest any of you with kids playing this game online check your accounts!!!!

We rang the bank and apparently loads of ppl have been caught like this - needless to say Xbox live has now been cancelled!!!

Happy days

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I knew he was playing Xbox live - I didn't word that post very well - I was unaware that every time you get a new level or player it charges your card - 54 payments out of my account since October!!!!

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
I knew he was playing Xbox live - I didn't word that post very well - I was unaware that every time you get a new level or player it charges your card - 54 payments out of my account since October!!!!

I play on Xbox Live. When do the charges kick in, aside from Gold membership? Surely a warning or something should come up? Got me worried now!!

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Hardly little at 17!!!! Apparently you buy Microsoft points to give you benefits in the game - new players and stuff - he's bought 32,000 Microsoft points in three months!!!!!

Was a shock - I'm annoyed that I didn't notice it before but when I looked on the online banking today I noticed a shed load of Xbox payments coming out over Xmas cos he's been here and not at college - he's paying me back but we've had a monumental argument which isn't nice - kids eh?

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
He had gold membership - I don't know when the charges kick in??? I rang Xbox live and since 2008 it's cost 800 quid!!!!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
It can only be that Ultimate team thing I guess, buying players and all that lark.

Yeah it'll be the ultimate team bit where you can buy players for cash if you want rather than putting time in to gradually earn enough.

Either that or the Xbox Live/FIFA hacking that has come up lately. I'm not sure of the specifics but its something to do with people who have an ea account and XBL acocunt with the same details and password being hacked and having stuff bought on their account.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Blimey! That's the problem with games these days I think. When I was little, I'm not exactly old now but old enough to get nostalgic, you used to buy a game for 30 quid or so and you'd get all of it. You wouldn't have to, like you do these days, pay 40 to 50 quid for a game and then spend another 50 quid buying content that should have come with the damn thing in the first place.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Surely if he is 17 he should know better than to spunk all that money on ms points? And he would also know that ms points cost money. Not good for you TS :(

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I've had to cancel mine and my husbands debit cards to stop any more payments being taken - so now we have to wait for new cards to be despatched - absolute nightmare - if any tickets for the Albion come on sale and I can't get them because I won't have a card to pay for them I really will go mad!!

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Bloody hell at that rate you could have subsidised the Albions payroll. Big companies are becoming so unregulated now.

In November my partner and mines Vodafone bill came out of my bank usually around £60-£70. On this occasion it was £160. She had gone over her minutes and racked up £100 of extra bills in 7 days. When I spoke to Vodafone I was not happy as to why they would not have text her or cut her off, There argument was that we would not like to inconvenience our customers by cutting them off. They did reduce the bill by £25.

Goes to show that companies are ready to exploit things like this rather than support there customers.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Surely if he is 17 he should know better than to spunk all that money on ms points? And he would also know that ms points cost money. Not good for you TS :(

Well you would think so!!!! That's why I'm making him pay me back!!! Only way he's going to learn - sadly

D

Deleted member 18477

Blimey! That's the problem with games these days I think. When I was little, I'm not exactly old now but old enough to get nostalgic, you used to buy a game for 30 quid or so and you'd get all of it. You wouldn't have to, like you do these days, pay 40 to 50 quid for a game and then spend another 50 quid buying content that should have come with the damn thing in the first place.

this! i don't piss around with buying ANYTHING from the PS Store. I play online sometimes against other people but only because thats free for playstation.

and btw to rack up such a massive bill surely he had your card details in his xbox account for you to get the charge? maybe from when he purchased xbox live gold account originally? theres nothing wrong with having xbox live as its just a one off charge a year. playing against others is free of charge once a gold membership has been purchased. its the downloadable content and added extras that are available that rack up if you don't stop downloading/buying them.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Hmmm having Xbox Live and Fifa I would suggest that spending that money is not something done easily and accidently. You have to go through menus and submitting forms to purchase MS points- payments are not taken automatically without notice. He would have know full well what he was doing IMO.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Hmmm having Xbox Live and Fifa I would suggest that spending that money is not something done easily and accidently. You have to go through menus and submitting forms to purchase MS points- payments are not taken automatically without notice. He would have know full well what he was doing IMO.

This

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila

This, sorry to say but it does tell you exactly how much it's going to cost and which card is paying so he knew exactly what he was doing charging you everytime :(

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex

Yep - that's what makes it even worse!!!

Yes my card details were on the system from when we purchased the gold membership.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here