Fifa 12 - Tonight!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
they are all around the £30 mark so not going to make a huge saving £3 max ??, im happy to pay £47 for the ultimate edition delieved to my front door in the morning for when I get up instead of camping outside a shop at modnight to get a game that you wont play till the morning or after work anyways

rjbseagull

Apr 27, 2010
Sorry to be thick but does anyone know the difference between the special edition and the normal game?

FLAIRtastic

Aug 29, 2010
can't contain the excitment

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'm picking it up tomorrow when I finish work (working a half day tomorrow) from Game, as I have £22 of credit with them

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
I played the demo, briefly, and was horrified that they'd take away the 'pressing' option (O button) as this was how I normally win games of Fifa 11. Can anyone tell me if this is something you get used to, or am I going to get hammered every game? It's the only thing putting me off forking out another £40.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I played the demo, briefly, and was horrified that they'd take away the 'pressing' option (O button) as this was how I normally win games of Fifa 11. Can anyone tell me if this is something you get used to, or am I going to get hammered every game? It's the only thing putting me off forking out another £40.

you'll get used to it, when i started playing the demo i was getting smashed on semi-pro. You just have to defend more like real football now, you cant just go hurtling into a player hoping to get the ball, you press R1 to get your team-mate to 'contain' the player with the ball too, which is annoying because they dont actually tackle them...

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

You hold down R1 for that now.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
you'll get used to it, when i started playing the demo i was getting smashed on semi-pro. You just have to defend more like real football now, you cant just go hurtling into a player hoping to get the ball, you press R1 to get your team-mate to 'contain' the player with the ball too, which is annoying because they dont actually tackle them...

I kept pressing circle button and the players just stick a foot out, regardless of where there are in relation to the ball. It looked like 10 of my players were doing the Haka. I'll have to give it some more time. I am tempted to buy it just for our lovely new kit.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
was told by someone itk,that asda (the only shop not advertising),will be pulling off a coup tom?????

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009

You can change the defending back to "legacy mode" in the settings. That should sort it out.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I got mine delivered this morning from Asda Online, £34.97 for the Special Edition. Pleased with that. Now they are only doing the regular non SE version for £38.97.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports