Liaison
Misspell
Stationary/stationery
Practise/practice

I'm forever getting them wrong!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
LOVELIEST NOT LOVLIEST. The whole board's been taken over by this misspelt SHIT.

*grouchy*

Does it really matter? Is anything serious going to happen as a result of this missplet word or are we all still safe? - has the search for a cure to man's deadly illnesses been abandoned or are planes about to start crashing out of the sky because they missed out a letter E?.

I would wager that everyone on here knew what the person who spelt it wrong was meaning, so why get upset about it?

Why is spelling accuracy so important to you and why do people get so annoyed when something isn't written out correctly? or is it people trying to make themselves seem superior because they can spell?

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Does it really matter? Is anything serious going to happen as a result of this missplet word or are we all still safe? - has the search for a cure to man's deadly illnesses been abandoned or are planes about to start crashing out of the sky because they missed out a letter E?.

I would wager that everyone on here knew what the person who spelt it wrong was meaning, so why get upset about it?

Why is spelling accuracy so important to you and why do people get so annoyed when something isn't written out correctly? or is it people trying to make themselves seem superior because they can spell?

No it's not important. Yes it is funny and ironic that you misspelt 'misspelt', but you're right no-one get's hurt, everyone knows what it means.

I am however not that enamoured by the fact that the entire board has been taken up with this 'competition' hence my grouchy post.

I guess I do like spelling though, it's not difficult and it makes things easier to read. If you want to suggest that we shouldn't be bothered about it then go rite a head im shhoor it wont mak muc diffrence.

Finch

Jul 21, 2009
New Zealand
It is just a matter of personal pride.

Looking at someones poor spelling is the same as looking at some fat guy who has spilt gravy all down his shirt but doesn't care to clean it up because it doesn't really matter.

Small typos etc are unimportant, everyone makes them, but reading some peoples posts can be a real chore.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Looking at someones poor spelling is the same as looking at some fat guy who has spilt gravy all down his shirt but doesn't care to clean it up because it doesn't really matter.

Small typos etc are unimportant, everyone makes them, but reading some peoples posts can be a real chore.

Well said that man.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Christ you need to get out more:laugh:
Poor spelling is very common and what makes you think you have a right to put certain people down????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here