Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FFCMurray?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Has been suggested as £20k per week which does make me nervous unless that has a caveat of prem status. Effectively he will cost us a little over £3m for the three years excluding bonuses which would struggle to get a 20+ goal a season striker so it all depends on how you look at it.

If 20K is what they are paying him, I can understand your concern as others come up for contract renewal they will surely want the same.
How must Speroni be feeling now who has stayed loyal to Palace and is Jedinak's contract not due as well?
Surely there is now a danger of this snow balling, if the 20k is true of course.

Murry

Banned
Nov 29, 2012
Genuine question, from someone who tries to avoid watching Palace as much as possible - What's the difference between Glenn this season, 30 odd goals, and last season 5 goals?

From his time at Brighton, I think I know the answer - but would like to hear the view from a Palace fan.

Fair question.

Anyway firstly he didnt score 5 goals :) but yes hes been much better this season.

Next thing he was injured for around 2 months last season. He also was massively out of favour with Dougie. In fact he started less than half the games he had this time last season. But the main reason is last year he was played as a target man (which he is not) and we didnt use wingers. This season we have been less direct and used our wide men much better.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
For sure hes a better player than Murray

Better at what exactly? Not scoring as many goals? I know we are rivals but how can you seriously be even slightly critical of a player who has scored 30 goals by mid-march?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
£20k a week?!?

FFS Administration!

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
That's the one thing I agree with and has led to his goal tally, but Zaha is off and Bolasie has reverted to his Bristol City form of blasting everything into the stands.

Bolasie is still playing well, again you are more than likely judgeing him on that 1 game 11 days ago. We also have Williams, Dobbie, Phillips, Moritz and Dindane and Wilf is here till the end of the season by the way.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Yes, i'm sure Vicente, Bruno, Ulloa, Upson, Lopez, Orlandi and Kuszsack are all playing for a pittance...

True.

But then again nearly 10k more people every home game paying an average of £15 each is £150,000 every home game. Obviously that's extremely rough figures, and doesn't account for costs and so on, but it shows the difference if you look at that for 23 home matches.

Oh, and that's not an attendances dig even if it looks like it, just a statement to counter your point.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Genuine question, from someone who tries to avoid watching Palace as much as possible - What's the difference between Glenn this season, 30 odd goals, and last season 5 goals?

From his time at Brighton, I think I know the answer - but would like to hear the view from a Palace fan.

The main reason is that he is getting excellant service . Like most new players it took Glenn a while to settle but you can tell now his body language is good ( last season it was poor IMO ) . I hope now he has agreed the contract he signs it and carrys on as he has been . At least if Glenn does go he will be under contract and we will get what he's worth , not losing out if he did run it down :wink:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I wish we could put these threads about Murray where the sun don't shine, quite annoying being reminded most days that we let a striker go because we 'couldn't afford' him (be that true or not) and he goes on to sign for the burn down their town lot and score shed loads of goals. Why do people constantly want to make threads about him? He's the last thing I'd like to think about, need to move on by now we made a mistake by letting him go, would prefer not to be reminded every other day. Just being honest, like.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

1. [/
    The main reason is that he is getting excellant service . Like most new players it took Glenn a while to settle but you can tell now his body language is good ( last season it was poor IMO ) . I hope now he has agreed the contract he signs it and carrys on as he has been . At least if Glenn does go he will be under contract and we will get what he's worth , not losing out if he did run it down :wink:

1. Right, so now factor these two points into your assessment:

1. No Zaha
    2. No Balasie

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
another Murray thread

for gods sake he has gone

get over it

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
Right, so now factor these two points into your assessment:

1. No Zaha
2. No Balasie

Who's Balasie?

Even when Zaha goes there is Moritz, Garvan, Dobbie (if he signs permanently), Williams, Bolasie - all providing excellent service as they have been all season. Make no mistake we do also have very able players coming through our excellent academy that will only add to this list.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Better at what exactly? Not scoring as many goals? I know we are rivals but how can you seriously be even slightly critical of a player who has scored 30 goals by mid-march?

Ulloa has scored 8 goals in 10 starts. It might be a bit optimistic to extrapolate that pro-rata over a 46 game season, but I think it shows that he knows where the goal is, which is more than Murray did last season.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Who's Balasie?

Even when Zaha goes there is Moritz, Garvan, Dobbie (if he signs permanently), Williams, Bolasie - all providing excellent service as they have been all season. Make no mistake we do also have very able players coming through our excellent academy that will only add to this list.

Bolasie will go in the summer which will leave you with no wingers and with Zaha gone, no penalties.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here