Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Festive Help - cab/delivery needed

Marlton and Hove Albion

Oct 11, 2018
Sarasota FL
Advice appreciated. I have ordered a Xmas Meal for my parents from Browns (Duke St) Brighton to be ready at 1230p on Xmas Eve. None of the delivery services will go as far as Saltdean. I am thinking the only way is to book a cab, and hope to persuade the driver to pick it up and drop it off. Both my parents are "very limited" in mobility right now. All useful feedback very much appreciated.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There a few cab drivers in this site who I reckon could help you out. Maybe start another thread titled “cab driver needed”?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Advice appreciated. I have ordered a Xmas Meal for my parents from Browns (Duke St) Brighton to be ready at 1230p on Xmas Eve. None of the delivery services will go as far as Saltdean. I am thinking the only way is to book a cab, and hope to persuade the driver to pick it up and drop it off. Both my parents are "very limited" in mobility right now. All useful feedback very much appreciated.
It’s a nice thing to do for your folks, and obviously not much you can do yourself from Florida. Sorry I’m not still local, or I’d offer to collect this for you myself and deliver it to your parents.

I know there were plenty of times when I’d have been incredibly grateful for people helping my own parents in Brighton out, when I was living too far away to step up.

Hope you get it sorted.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Do your parents have any good friends within range of the delivery services who could receive the delivery then take it the last mile or two or send it on by cab?

Else, maybe worth contacting Zedify, local firm who do eco-friendly 'last mile' deliveries on e-bikes. They might be able to do something for you.

Good luck!

Marlton and Hove Albion

Oct 11, 2018
Sarasota FL
It’s a nice thing to do for your folks, and obviously not much you can do yourself from Florida. Sorry I’m not still local, or I’d offer to collect this for you myself and deliver it to your parents.

I know there were plenty of times when I’d have been incredibly grateful for people helping my own parents in Brighton out, when I was living too far away to step up.

Hope you get it sorted.
Thank you for the reply. Just doing what anyone would do for their parents. I'm sure a cab will work just fine.

Marlton and Hove Albion

Oct 11, 2018
Sarasota FL
Do your parents have any good friends within range of the delivery services who could receive the delivery then take it the last mile or two or send it on by cab?

Else, maybe worth contacting Zedify, local firm who do eco-friendly 'last mile' deliveries on e-bikes. They might be able to do something for you.

Good luck!
Thank you. All good friends "gone", in similar health situations or moved away. I'll check out Zedify but Duke St to Saltdean on eBike would be quite a journey.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
A cab company should definitely be able to help. It’s not uncommon for them to be asked to collect/deliver goods, as long as the streets are accessible by car (I don’t know central Brighton very well). If for some reason no one will help you, drop me a PM. I live in Eastbourne but my wife wants to go to Brighton just before Christmas so I may be able to schedule the trip to help.

Marlton and Hove Albion

Oct 11, 2018
Sarasota FL
A cab company should definitely be able to help. It’s not uncommon for them to be asked to collect/deliver goods, as long as the streets are accessible by car (I don’t know central Brighton very well). If for some reason no one will help you, drop me a PM. I live in Eastbourne but my wife wants to go to Brighton just before Christmas so I may be able to schedule the trip to help.
That's very kind. I am 99% certain we can solve with a cab. THANK YOU for the offer.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
I don’t wish to derail the thread, but the cheapest taxi quote that we’ve obtained for a 2.5 mile journey between two East Sussex villages at 10.00pm on Christmas Day is £55.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here