Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fess up - who else was worried when they saw the teamsheet?

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I was concerned when I saw the lineup and lack of DW, given how well he has done, all be it without scoring so far this season. That and how we clearly missed him at Fulham.

Watching Sky Sports News this morning however and their analysis of what went wrong for Chelsea and apparently injuries for them played a big part.

No mention of course that we were missing big players in DW and Veltman. There was of course mention that Potter is a great manager (which I agree with) but his methods will take time to work. Although, are we not in a similar position in that respect?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I think most people would have worried about no Veltman and Welbeck. They're international class players. I certainly had a few jitters until saw the Chelsea team, with no recognised striker either and a defensive formation I couldn't really work out.

Turned out very much that way with Solly unleashed against Cucu and our quick players running past Thiago Silva.
I did wonder at the team sheet, but did wonder whether the plan was to have quick small people running rings round them.

knew Veltman was injured, didnt know Welbelk was unwell.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Wasn't worried at all. My first reaction was to look at the subs to see if Enciso and Sarmiento were there. Then check the rest and saw Furlong, Turns and Moran were there and realise any attacking subs would be the aforementioned E and S.

Ailema

Oct 26, 2022
No. Because ultimately football often boils down to who wants it more on the day, and we had ALL of the incentive to want it more than they did. That's why we (and many other clubs) sort of switch off a bit when we play smaller clubs, and step it up versus the big boys.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I remember staring at the team sheet in confusion, realising Welbeck/Veltman must be injured. Even after seeing the team sheet I still managed to predict the wrong formation and positions for key players (particularly Groß).

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Anyone know what Graeme Sourness had to say about the game on Sunday?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Anyone know what Graeme Sourness had to say about the game on Sunday?
“‘I told you Chelsea was taking a massive risk with Potter. No top 6 experience, he doesn’t know Chelsea’s game, didn’t know what position Raheem Sterling plays … just saying, he could have got that off google …and why did he leave his old club? … if you’re an outstanding coach then people want to hang on to you … and he’s English which doesn’t help …”

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
And I am sure I read this morning that Dunk was actually touch and go to start the match on Saturday.
Yep RDZ confirmed that Dunk and Lamptey were not 100% confirmed fit, even on Saturday morning!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Starting XI announced:
No striker, not exactly unusual for us so meh.
No Veltman - bugger
Mitoma starts - exciting.
Pretty sure where dunk Webster estupinan and Caicedo are playing, bewildering array of possibilities for the rest.

Game starts. FML I really hope midfield get back to help gross at RB. Jesus that seems a bad idea.
The midfielder that helped out pascal gross at RB ended up being pascal gross

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here