[Albion] Ferguson out of Ireland squad (Injury)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Suppose Ferguson and Welbeck are both unavailable for the Man Utd game, what would your starting attack look like?

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
I would love to see him in an England shirt, Kane's replacement lined up.

It would make a refreshing change as well to poach an Irish lad.
When have Ireland ever poached a player who has been capped at full international level for England?

After 1988 when Ireland beat England at the Euros - English fans spent 20 years whining about the Irish team being English - of the nine players in the Irish squad that were born in England - none of them even played for an English underage team, never mind a full international - with the exception of Tony Galvin who played one game for the English schoolboys team when he was 14.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
When have Ireland ever poached a player who has been capped at full international level for England?

After 1988 when Ireland beat England at the Euros - English fans spent 20 years whining about the Irish team being English - of the nine players in the Irish squad that were born in England - none of them even played for an English underage team, never mind a full international - with the exception of Tony Galvin who played one game for the English schoolboys team when he was 14.
Why be so defensive? Ireland have taken loads of English born players into their team/squad over the years.

And here's the list of England players who have been born overseas:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I feel sorry for Ireland. First Grealish, then Rice and now potentially Ferguson.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

I'll think you'll find it was a joke.....

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Hook, line and sinker.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Danny and Evan have been rotated for games so I’d think that Danny would start against United with Evan to come on as sub if fit. Doubt we’ll chance him at all though so if not recovered we’ll look to give Fati his debut.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Will probably be for the best , will take the pressure of him ,
land dampen down all the expectations

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I feel sorry for Ireland. First Grealish, then Rice and now potentially Ferguson.
Can't happen.

Since the rules changed to allowing up to 3 appearances, it is all senior appearances - friendlies now count (art 9, c, iv). Evan has 6.

Tabloid media don't seem to have realised that bit. The old rules counted friendlies and competitive appearances differently but that was when a single competitive game locked you forever. Also it creates rage-bait headlines so they won't drop it until he has gone over 3 competitive.

I believe under the 80s version of the rules, the u21 games (and single B game) that Steve Bruce did for England prevented him from changing to either of his other options - Ireland or Northern Ireland - both teams would have bitten your arm off to get him at the time; although I don't know if he'd have wanted to play for them!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports