Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fenelon gone out on loan...

Sensible move - shame he didn't go to his home town club of Crawley or one of the London clubs as it would have been good to watch him in action every now and then but Rochdale seems a good environment under Keith Hill

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How do you know he isn't 'up to it'?, the lad is only 20 and has hardly started a game for us! Maybe given time you will be proved right, but until then give him time!

Agree to a point, but I think its clear that if we have any pretensions of threatening the top 6, its not going to happen with a Fenelon up front this season (hence the new arrivals).

The sad fact is that we have failed to produce a quality striker of any note from our youth / development squad since...well, to my knowledge, ever. So its difficult to have faith and give them time in the first team, especially at this level, when our track record thus far is pretty abysmal.

That will all hopefully change in the coming years now that we actually have a proper professional setup of course.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He was pretty sharp in preseason. Those boys know how to develop a striker....Murray, O'Grady, Buckley etc, it can't be anything but a good move for him. I hope he bangs in loads for them.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Good move for him, needs first-team football at a higher level. If he does well, then its certainly an entrance into the Albion first team, if not - then its League 2 football for him.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
he just needs to bulk up a bit and gain some experience apart from that I think he has all the attributes to be very good

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Very best of luck to him, hopefully he'll get plenty of game time and return a better player.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Really good move for him. Decent standard of football and a decent club with a track record of developing players. Hopefully he takes the opportunity and does really well.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I reckon he has come back as cover for the out of form and in one case injured strikers.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
With March out for however long no-one knows he might get a chance, at least on the bench which is more than he was managing at Rochdale.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:lol: tell me ,Sherlock, what gave it away?
Well I don't have any inside information or anything like that.
I might be wrong.
I don't know where SOG gets his info from so he may well be spot on.

I just had a hunch it could be due to a lack of playing opportunities.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
With March out for however long no-one knows he might get a chance, at least on the bench which is more than he was managing at Rochdale.

Which is a damning commentary on the strength of our attacking resources vs those of bloody Rochdale!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I might be wrong.

Interesting...*grooms beard knowingly*...I think you may be on to something ???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I might be wrong.

If he isn't getting any minutes at Rochdale he might as well come back to see if he can score a few goals which two of our strikers can't do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here