Votes: 57 32.4%
  • No

Votes: 119 67.6%

• Total voters

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I started this poll following the original thread to properly gauge peoples opinion as I was interested. It would appear 75% were not keen.

Not keen on what? There's no question, the poll is pretty meaningless.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Absolute bollocks. Total bollocks. Total misogynistic bollocks. How many threads were titled : that MALE presenter Samrah/Reynolds/Attila? Let me tell you - none. If it were another male presenter then this thread wouldn't even exist. As Merry Prankster said: expected better from you, Giraffe. Get your head out of the 1950s.

Well said.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's not sexist to say you don't like the tone of a persons voice.

My girlfriend said exactly the same thing as did the woman sat behind me.

Margaret Thatcher even changed her voice to a deeper voice so that people were more willing to listen to her.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It's not sexist to say you don't like the tone of a persons voice.

Sexism is to discriminate based on someone's gender. Have a look at the thread title you numpty. It was sexist. You're being sexist. You might want to change that by-line under your username to 'infra-moderator' until you've grasped this most basic of facts.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Sexism is to discriminate based on someone's gender. Have a look at the thread title you numpty. It was sexist. You're being sexist. You might want to change that by-line under your username to 'infra-moderator' until you've grasped this most basic of facts.

Please explain how I was supposed to differentiate her from the other announcers then please. Should I have started the thread as the high pitched announcer or some other way?

I was much more neutral than this thread:

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...ugh-Who-hired-the-irritating-female-announcer

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Please explain how I was supposed to differentiate her from the other announcers then please. Should I have started the thread as the high pitched announcer or some other way?

"Today's Announcer" would have sufficed, surely? Or "Today's new announcer"

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

I was much more neutral than this thread:

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...ugh-Who-hired-the-irritating-female-announcer

How do you differentiate between Samrah and Reynolds then? How about starting from that position. And if you're trying to justify your current position by stating that it's not as childish as HB&B then that's a pretty pathetic place to start from.

Seriously, I urge you to re-visit your interpretation of the the phrase 'sexist'. The announcer was fine. What's not is throwback attitudes like yours.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
How do you differentiate between Samrah and Reynolds then? How about starting from that position. And if you're trying to justify your current position by stating that it's not as childish as HB&B then that's a pretty pathetic place to start from.

Seriously, I urge you to re-visit your interpretation of the the phrase 'sexist'. The announcer was fine. What's not is throwback attitudes like yours.

I don't know her name. I'm not aware she was introduced. Do you know her name?

As for her performance in my view and that of many others she was too high pitched. She announced Colunga's appearance after he was already on the pitch. And she announced the five minutes of stoppage time one minute after the board was put up.

I am not sexist. But defending a poor performance on the basis that I am being sexist is in fact sexist in itself.

I have no issue with her being a woman. I have issues with her tone and performance. If she gets another shot, hopefully she will do better. I wish her well.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Good grief.

What? Really, you asked how else you could refer to her. I gave you two very obvious options that don't require having to get into a PC mindset, at all. Both of which are clear, and everyone would know who you were talking about, and it would frame the discussion around this particular announcer (who is female) rather than female announcers in general, which I believe is the nub of Buzzer's point.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I don't know her name. I'm not aware she was introduced. Do you know her name?

As for her performance in my view and that of many others she was too high pitched. She announced Colunga's appearance after he was already on the pitch. And she announced the five minutes of stoppage time one minute after the board was put up.

I am not sexist. But defending a poor performance on the basis that I am being sexist is in fact sexist in itself.

I have no issue with her being a woman. I have issues with her tone and performance. If she gets another shot, hopefully she will do better. I wish her well.

Look at the frigging thread title. Are you being deliberately thick? I worry that you're not because of your reaction to someone suggesting that you could have just referred to 'today's announcer' rather than this catch-all thread title asking about women announcers generally.

You're being sexist. Please desist with this revisionist victimspeak bollocks that I'm being sexist by calling you out as a misogynist.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
PC gone mad. I simply used the obvious distinction between her and previous announcers. I didn't call her some of the names used on the other thread. I haven't insulted her in any way like on the other thread and yet you chose this thread to comment on? Curious.

seagull1981

Blue & White Forever
Aug 8, 2010
I know for a lot of people, it's just "banter" when talking about her chest size, but it does make disgusting reading. Really helping football fans live up to the caveman stereotype.

If we had a new male announcer, it wouldn't even get a thread, so why make one specifically looking at her gender?

Absolutely This.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
PC gone mad. I simply used the obvious distinction between her and previous announcers. I didn't call her some of the names used on the other thread. I haven't insulted her in any way like on the other thread and yet you chose this thread to comment on? Curious.

PC gone mad indeed. You use someone's gender to discriminate between them and other presenters and in a thread provocatively and ambiguously questioning whether one gender should be presenting at all and people are giving you grief for it.

And no-one's given you credit for not insulting her as badly as a resident cretin. There's no justice in this mad, bad world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here