Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fell or Tiler? Settle an argument

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Wasn't that great! I seem to recall that it included the 77/78 season and even though that was the most recent, he got facts wrong, including the biggest home game of the season against Tottenham. He said we won 2-1 whereas those that were there know it was 3-1 and in the last game he says Ward scored two against Blackpool whereas he only got one, Horton being the other scorer. I remember reading that book when it came out and couldn't believe he got those recent things so wrong so that put doubt in my mind about all the other facts going back years prior to when I started supporting them. He may well have reported on the Albion for a very long time but there were countless times when I read his reports and thought I had been at a different game!

As for the photo, I would go with Fell.

I remind your honour of a story I've told many times of an away game in the mid 70's where John and a few fans, myself included, stayed in a welcoming pub throughout a game.

Also, two days into this thread, why has know one screamed "dunno who the player is but that's me behind his left ear"?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Howcomes the Tiler/Fell knee is over Wardy's even though he is standing behind him?

Don't bloody start insinuating anything. They were heroes of mine and I know for a fact that their legs weren't touching and anyway, even if it was just a careless coming together, they were just good friends.

p.s. It was Fell

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I remember Fell being very very quick. He filled in as a makeshift centre forward that season or the next for a while during an injury crisis and did really well.
As for the picture I,m plumping for Tiler or Fell.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I remind your honour of a story I've told many times of an away game in the mid 70's where John and a few fans, myself included, stayed in a welcoming pub throughout a game.

And that M'Lud is the final piece of evidence for the prosecution and the case rests. The jury can only return a verdict of guilty as charged.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Time to summon the Oracle - what's the answer [MENTION=831]Thehistoryman[/MENTION]?

Despite how much work he has, Tim was kind enough to reply to me. I've just the response: 'Looks more like Tiler to me.'

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ken Tiler , IIRC he had sideburns too

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I remember Fell being very very quick. He filled in as a makeshift centre forward that season or the next for a while during an injury crisis and did really well.
As for the picture I,m plumping for Tiler or Fell.

Yes, Tiler or Fell, i agree

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Despite how much work he has, Tim was kind enough to reply to me. I've just the response: 'Looks more like Tiler to me.'

Thanks GR. I agree. Hope you and Tim have some time for my Albion quizzes on Sporcle. The longest surnames of Albion players one is a real fiend. Luckily, I've provided some ridiculous clues.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Thanks GR. I agree. Hope you and Tim have some time for my Albion quizzes on Sporcle. The longest surnames of Albion players one is a real fiend. Luckily, I've provided some ridiculous clues.

Yes, please. Could you give me a link?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Here's Ken Tiler from that 1976/77 season

tiler_small.jpg

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Yes, please. Could you give me a link?

Here's a link to one:
http://www.sporcle.com/games/tinycow...-of-the-season

There are about 10 others at the moment, I'll upload more from time to time, when I get inspiration for a new theme. I need to get to grips a little more with how to do more fancy things, such as picture quizzes. If you click on the link to my username on Sporcle, you should be able to find the other quizzes. Let me know if there are any problems.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here