Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feel sorry for palace

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think everyone would have accepted the postponment had it been a lot earlier, less than 30 minutes before is relatively unheard of!

Don't worry, I'm just venting.

Edna makes a good point about where there may be sympathy. I don't recall any sympathetic messages from palace fans when our game at Halifax was called off within an hour of kick off a few years back. Should I have gone to BBS and complained if someone laughed?

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Edna makes a good point about where there may be sympathy. I don't recall any sympathetic messages from palace fans when our game at Halifax was called off within an hour of kick off a few years back. Should I have gone to BBS and complained if someone laughed?

No one did laugh though did they GCM? There was no thread on the HOL regarding it and I'm pretty sure there wasn't one on the BBS either. Personal silver lining for me is that I wasn't able to attend and hopefully I might be able to attend now.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It was even closer than an hour. If I remember rightly it was 15 minutes before kick off when it had been pouring with rain all day and pretty obvious that the pitch would be waterlogged. It was nigh on 15 years ago.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
No one did laugh though did they GCM? There was no thread on the HOL regarding it and I'm pretty sure there wasn't one on the BBS either. Personal silver lining for me is that I wasn't able to attend and hopefully I might be able to attend now.

You're probably right. And in any case who cares tbf. I was making the point that it's pretty stupid of a palace fan to think Brighton fans would feel sorry for them that their game was off. Having said that, if someone was hurt or killed, I think it would be very different and there would be a great deal of sympathy.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I think everyone would have accepted the postponment had it been a lot earlier, less than 30 minutes before is relatively unheard of!

Agree.

Feel sorry for any fans who have made the journey.

From both clubs, lots of southern based Everton fans have STs at Goodson.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It was even closer than an hour. If I remember rightly it was 15 minutes before kick off when it had been pouring with rain all day and pretty obvious that the pitch would be waterlogged. It was nigh on 15 years ago.

Crikey, was it really 15 years?!

I don't recall it in quite the same way. I thought the rain, although bad, wasn't enough to have stopped the match. Wasn't it the egg-chasers who ruined it the previous evening? We had Zamora then.....:)

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill

Delighted for you

COYP

Oct 1, 2012

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I feel genuinely sorry for any fan who travels that distance only for the game to be called off at the last minute, regardless of who they support.

Have infinitely more respect for Palace fans than I do for plastic armchair fans of Man U, Chelsea et al.

Couldn't have put that better myself,regardless who they support...at least they are real fans...it has happened to us as well...

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I feel sorry for any fan that travels a long distance mid-week and finds out at short notice that the game is off,they have probably taken a day off work,spent money on travel,possibly over night accommodation and then have to do it all again for a rearranged date.

Can't argue with that.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
They were pissing themselves laughing when our Blackburn game was called off last season at short notice and that was for a piss poor reason unlike their's (Blackburn had a mildly waterlogged pitch and it was reported that ground staff had the sprinklers on as Blackburn wanted to avoid playing us).

If there was a risk of supporters being injured or even killed by flying debris then the game needs to be off - one of the benefits of having a stadium in an out of town area, though travel would of course be screwed.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
35k roofers trying to rip oaps off and a convoy of Croydon anoraks having to make do with half a shandy, never mind. However, at least they are in the PL (again) cunnnnts!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
They were pissing themselves laughing when our Blackburn game was called off last season at short notice and that was for a piss poor reason unlike their's (Blackburn had a mildly waterlogged pitch and it was reported that ground staff had the sprinklers on as Blackburn wanted to avoid playing us).

If there was a risk of supporters being injured or even killed by flying debris then the game needs to be off - one of the benefits of having a stadium in an out of town area, though travel would of course be screwed.

Yes. As can be evidenced here. Some real class replies. I wonder if those palace bleating on here argued in our favour on that thread?

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-238939.html

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

It might have took 15 years but you've righted that wrong :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here