Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feeding Seagulls

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Love The Seagulls, HATE seagulls.

And in the summer, when they're breeding, they become really aggressive, dive-bombing people and pets alike.

yeah that's the thing, I've found that if you give them the odd bit of bread every now and then, they stop dive bombing and infact are quite ok.

So that's the problem, I've tried loads of things, but think unless we cull them, maybe it's better to feed them and make them less aggressive. Have a peace treaty so to speak.

Difficult one imho.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
i am not a fan of seagulls the birds. since 2006 they have nested on my roof. it sounds like they are wearing doc martins thudding around up there. the babies squawk to buggery and the noise kicks off as soon as sunrises.. god forbid if i forget to mop round in the bathroom skylight and a spider takes hold.. all i can hear is tap, tap, tap.. as the seagull babies try to get the spider! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr earplugs are the way to go at night.

yesterday i was on the a27 driving past chichester and the sky was full... of swooping seagulls... it was on a scary scale.. estimate more than 50 easily...
god knows what that was about....but car got through the crawling traffic without shit all over it, so that was the main thing.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I have two that visit as soon as I put the cat's food bowl out, it does'nt matter what time I put the food out,tried various times but as soon as the 'dinner bell' goes they appear out of nowhere...but they don't touch it till the cat has had his share,they sit on the shed roof till the cat is full,then the big one...the size of a turkey comes down and has his share...then the smaller one and if anything is left the magpies come next. Found them useful for getting rid of surplus food...even if it has started to go off....they love curried rice...don't these pesky creatures have taste buds.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
They get the blame for ripping open bags and spreading rubbish over our fair shores, but if lazy people actually disposed of their waste properly, then the problem would be minimalised.

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Have you seen that seagull at the Amex? That's what happens when you feed the bastards - It's huge! It's the size of a person and goes up to kids bold as brass!!!:D

This may be a silly question (as probably everyone on this forum already knows this), but I don't know if you remember seeing in the Metro (or other papers) that some joker added a few extra white seats under the big seagull.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/championship/78346/brightons-new-stadium-falls-foul-of-builders-cheeky-bird-poo-seating-prank.html

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
They are not Seagulls.

Real Seagulls are smaller than the monsters you see in Brighton and they are much gentler and in tune with humanity. They have a softer marshmallowey piglet-type nature and would not look out of place presenting Milkshake on Channel 5.

The birds that most of you are referring to are Herring Gulls and they should be napalmed! IMHO.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
They are not Seagulls.

Real Seagulls are smaller than the monsters you see in Brighton and they are much gentler and in tune with humanity. They have a softer marshmallowey piglet-type nature and would not look out of place presenting Milkshake on Channel 5.

The birds that most of you are referring to are Herring Gulls and they should be napalmed! IMHO.

:thumbsup::lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here