Votes: 23 19.3%
  • Murray

Votes: 96 80.7%

• Total voters

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I expect most Feberer fans forget (or probably are so blinkered dont even know) he was a lot worse than Murray when he was younger. He improved himself and from that fantastic result last night Murray is proving he can as well.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I'm going to be cheering for Murray. Until Scotland gins independence, I will carry on supporting their athletes.

(and to be honest, even if they were to gain indpendence I would still support them over any other jonny foreigner).

I think federer will win, but I hope Murray upsets the odds and triumphs. Anyone who watched last nights game cannot fail to have been impressed, he absolutely pounded Nadal last night, it was thrilling stuff. Both players were really going for it and Murray was just too good, a genuinely world class performance.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Murray all the way..... the guy's onl 21 and we are already dissing his personality...seem to remember we all thought Henman was faceless at 21. As for all the anti-British gumph... it's as bad as Satanic Verses.... his comment was taken out of context. When in context it was quite clearly a lame joke.

Still... if we all aspire to the wisdom of the peanut crunching crowd....

Ice Man

Jan 5, 2006
Hoping that Murray wins, but just feel Federer will win it in 4 sets.

But it's a very tough one to call. Murray has the advantage head to head (All his wins against Fed have been on this surface, too), and Fed is definentely at his most vulnerable these days, he's had a poor year by his standards. Can we really see out the year with Fed having won no Grand Slams at all? A year ago that would be unthinkable, now it's a real possibility.

Vamos Murray!! :thumbsup:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Murry for two reasons.

1. He is British
2. It will be good to see someone other then Fed or Nadal win something.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Its kind of the best of both worlds really. I want him to win because he is British, but if he loses he will become Scottish again, and I still hate him for the comments he made about the England football team at the world cup.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Murray of course, because he is British...even if he does think he is Scottish, last time I looked the Union still stood!!!

Spot on...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Funny, when Murray's doing well he's English, when he's losing he's a "shitty jock bastard".

Fickle idiots.

no when he does well he is British, when he loses he is British( or scottish)

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Murray has been playing some great tennis on his off-court conduct and demeanour is much better than in the past. He fully deserves to be in the final.

We Brits also need to get this Fred Perry monkey off our backs. I'd wish the old sulky Murray to win for that reason alone, but I believe the guy is showing signs of maturity and derserves our full support tonight.

Sod's Law for him that if he does win in any other year he'd walk Sportsperson Of The Year, but for the British Olympic Miracle...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I hope Murray wins.

He's played some fantastic tennis at this tournament and last night could easily have folded against Nadal.

Love him or hate him, he's in the final and we should support the BRIT against the foreigner.

Exactly correct.

Sod's Law for him that if he does win in any other year he'd walk Sportsperson Of The Year, but for the British Olympic Miracle...

Sports PERSONALITY of the Year? I very much doubt it. That award is a popularity contest. I want Murray to win, but I don't LIKE him much, and I doubt I'm alone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports