Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FCUM fans considering an official boycott on 27th

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
cheers fella, ok you have a great stadium and a massive allocation of Woking proportions (that we are happy to pay for) would be fine.

Are you on a f***ing wind up? I don't want you to say we have a great stadium, we know it is shit, some of us have had STHs there for the last 10 seasons, we know. But it is the only choice we had to keep our club alive, we could've walked away and gone and ground shared with Lewis or somewhere, but we stuck it out and when we move to Falmer next year that will be our reward. Since you clearly understand f*** all about our club, go read up on it and then wander why people are getting f***ed off by your fans coming on here and talking about how great they are for fighting for what they believe in, WE fought for that, you shrugged your shoulders and walked away.

I am not saying that the allocation woking got was massive either you twat, but some of the mongs on your forum are SERIOUSLY suggesting we should be giving you as many seats as you want, because you can sell them, just because you CAN, doesn't mean you should.

Invade the pitch and Rochdale and attain a reputation for breaking ground walls and what do you get? A reduced allocation, deal with it.

Most of the complaints seem to be about the stand your in rather than the number of tickets, you all seem to think you deserve a bigger stand, and your board is full of people who seem to have the genuine intention of gaining entry without paying, so how is that in any way a moral high ground?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There are still links between United and FCUM.

If you read the truly brilliant 'Red Issue' fanzine, which has coherent and intelligent dissections of the impact of the likes of the Glazers and Murdoch on football, as well as ripping the piss out of Citeh, Chelsea, Dirty Leeds and the Bindippers, you will also see a regular column about FCUM. If you know how much I dislike United then it is testament to the brilliant writing in Red Issue that I have a subscription.

I genuinely think that if the Albion were top of the league, but had been taken over my faceless Yanks who jacked up prices, made STH's pay for home cup matches automatically, and had given the club £700 million of debt the fans would have done f*** all apart from whine on NSC.

Our opposition to Archer was completely different, we were homeless, bottom of the league and about to go under, United (and the resultant breakaway of FCUM) are completely different.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
There are still links between United and FCUM.

If you read the truly brilliant 'Red Issue' fanzine, which has coherent and intelligent dissections of the impact of the likes of the Glazers and Murdoch on football, as well as ripping the piss out of Citeh, Chelsea, Dirty Leeds and the Bindippers, you will also see a regular column about FCUM. If you know how much I dislike United then it is testament to the brilliant writing in Red Issue that I have a subscription.

I genuinely think that if the Albion were top of the league, but had been taken over my faceless Yanks who jacked up prices, made STH's pay for home cup matches automatically, and had given the club £700 million of debt the fans would have done f*** all apart from whine on NSC.

Our opposition to Archer was completely different, we were homeless, bottom of the league and about to go under, United (and the resultant breakaway of FCUM) are completely different.

I totally disagree.

Yes I don't like certain governments, bosses etc.. but that doesn't mean I spit my dummy. If they were that pissed off, go support another team, ffs there are enough around that area that struggle, but no lets start our own 'franchise' so we get to be big fish in a small pond.

It stinks of hypocrisy imo

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
31 pages? Can someone please summarise what the bloody hell has been going on here as I'm, quite frankly, too lazy to read through it all

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Not exactly, Glazer was just the final straw. It is about a new way forward for football with fan ownership and mroe involment. The vast majority of our support was and still are man united supporters and our problem is not solely with the glazers but bigger problems in football in general.

To be brutally honest, it was your club that started football down its road of greed and 'f*** the lower leagues' and it merrily continues down that road. It's all a bit late now.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
31 pages? Can someone please summarise what the bloody hell has been going on here as I'm, quite frankly, too lazy to read through it all
FC fans were considering an official boycott over the allocation of tickets, but probably will just accept the 845 tickets they're now being given...

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I totally disagree.

Yes I don't like certain governments, bosses etc.. but that doesn't mean I spit my dummy. If they were that pissed off, go support another team, ffs there are enough around that area that struggle, but no lets start our own 'franchise' so we get to be big fish in a small pond.

Exactly. As I have said. What happens if FCUM do really well? Will they stop their advance through the leagues? What if they get promoted to the Prem? Should this not be the aim of all Professional football clubs?

If FCUM don't want to get to the Prem, is it not a bit patronising for the rest of us?

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
the sad thing about this thread is ... FCUM and BHA have so much more in common than they do have to argue about.

But if you mancs are expecting to come to a football ground - think again. Withdean isn't even park football. It's an agonisingly bad construct that we have lived with for over a decade.

If you sense any frustration from the home fans as you approach the biggest game in FCUM's history, part of it is because we CANT host a rip roaring FA CUp tie with 4000 away fans ...

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
FC fans were considering an official boycott over the allocation of tickets, but probably will just accept the 845 tickets they're now being given...

and you missed out the bit about them being the saviours of non/lower league football, although they had no knowledge of our own struggles

MUFCUM

Nov 19, 2010
just had a scan through this and thought I'd add my tuppence worth- theres a fair few of us coming down for the day, we've not got tickets and hopefully we can get in somewhere, if not we'll still have a good laugh and have a good day. There'll be no hostility from us!

Seems a shame if there are empty seats, even if only from a financial P.O.V. No suggestion from anyone at either ticket office that this allocation is based on the plods advice, but if it is it seems pretty over the top!

Either way as I said it'll be a top day out and great atmosphere in and around the ground.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I totally disagree.

Where's the hypocrisy?

If the fans had disappeared to watch Oldham, Rochdale etc then they would not have been a thorn in the side of the Glazers.

The Green n Gold thing is an embarrassment, a chance for the prawn sandwich brigage to pay lipservice to the anti Glazer movement.

FCUM know that they cannot win, but most of their fans are working class lads who used to watch United for a pound at OT in the late 70's and have been priced out of the game by the Glazers. When I first came to Manchester in 1980 United and Citeh were the cheapest teams to watch in the top division, that's no longer the case, the sanitisation and gentrification of football has shifted the fan base away from its roots.

Just a footnote....us Brighton fans will be going all posh and playing in a posh new stadium soon and i suppose you could say we are going down the "prawn sandwich" route but hopefully we will not forget our struggles and grass roots

We all hope so.

But am I alone in worrying about the rather hasty willingness of the Club to take the "safety first" decision to clamp down on the number of tickets they sell to people who are obviously genuine football fans?

We were grateful to Aston Villa when they gave 6,229 of us a good day out at Villa Park, despite that being more than the allocation that could be safely segregated in a single area of the ground.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
just had a scan through this and thought I'd add my tuppence worth- theres a fair few of us coming down for the day, we've not got tickets and hopefully we can get in somewhere, if not we'll still have a good laugh and have a good day. There'll be no hostility from us!

Seems a shame if there are empty seats, even if only from a financial P.O.V. No suggestion from anyone at either ticket office that this allocation is based on the plods advice, but if it is it seems pretty over the top!

Either way as I said it'll be a top day out and great atmosphere in and around the ground.

It will be a crap atmosphere, as its being played in an athletics track surrounded by trees with no roof and the away fans are miles away.

There will also be loads of empty seats which is a shame, but thats down to segregation.

That is why we are moving to a new stadium which is probably new news to you..

MUFCUM

Nov 19, 2010
It will be a crap atmosphere, as its being played in an athletics track surrounded by trees with no roof and the away fans are miles away.

There will also be loads of empty seats which is a shame, but thats down to segregation.

That is why we are moving to a new stadium which is probably new news to you..
I know you're moving grounds and your current one isnt up to much, more to atmos than the ground mate just look at OT!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
More worrying than the binfestery by some of our fans, if Hebberd's Henchmen can't cope with a non league team's fans turning up, how will they cope at Falmer when some bigger teams play there and have some real nawty boys?

politico

Fans First
Nov 19, 2010
Manchester-ish
i was there

Did you go to that famous 2nd division match versus Sunderland at Old Trafford? 3-2 to Man U in front of 60 000 which i believe is still the largest attendance for a second tier game.

Went to that game with my dad I was 12 or 13 and in the old scoreboard end -it was an amazing game which we did win 3-2 and I can honestly say I never stopped being moved around by a sea of passion and humanity for 90 mins.

My Dad never stood again at OT again after that game as he had a slipped disc and was terrified for both him and me. It had the opposite effect on me, as a kid from then on the buzz of the tunnel in the stretford end was what watching United was all about. Even in the late 70,s when we were shit under Dave Sexton the crack at the game was far more important than events on the pitch.

Needless to say I have rediscovered much of that 30 years later thanks to FC. ROCHDALE game was as close to those days gone by as anything i had experienced at OT in the last 15 years. Not been since 12/5/2005

BTW just to confirm how is the money being raised for your new ground and how much.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We all hope so.

But am I alone in worrying about the rather hasty willingness of the Club to take the "safety first" decision to clamp down on the number of tickets they sell to people who are obviously genuine football fans?

We were grateful to Aston Villa when they gave 6,229 of us a good day out at Villa Park, despite that being more than the allocation that could be safely segregated in a single area of the ground.

Is it the 'club' who had made the decision, or is it one person at the club wielding a disproportionate amount of power who probably thinks he couldn't piss on more than 845 FCUM fans if they were on fire?

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester

There probably will be plenty of empty seats in home stands but that happens everywhere....doesnt mean they should go to the away fans jus cos they could sell them.....we got 3000 tickets to southampton next week and could sold a lot more and im sure there will be at leats 8000 empty seats at St marys...thats just how it goes, having said that i cant see why you not got 15% of allocation as usual for cup games, not sure about the police advice line, so what happens if we get millwall/leeds/chelsea at home in 3rd round if we get there? Anyway enjoy your day mate, Withdean is shit as you will find out and we've had to put up with it for 10 years, shame this game wasnt next year, if there is any coming down without tickets you wont have a hope in hell of getting in.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'd just like to add that my ticket for the FA Cup Second round tie verses FCUM arrived today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here