Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FCUM fans considering an official boycott on 27th

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Sad to say the FCUM are beginning to look like utter tools on this thread now. i admire the fact they got off their arses and formed a club of their own that reflects their values. However at the Albion the fans took a stand and saved their club with a fight that lasted for over a decade, any comparisons are just risible.

And whilst I understand them being miffed about missing out on the 15% it's only a couple of hundred seats at a shit ground it's hardly worth all this screaming and shouting, it's getting a tad tedious. FCUM are not going to bring thousands of their own supporters, because they don't have them. They may have however drag out some MUFC fans, who they really should have no time for as they represent everything that FUMC is meant to stand against, and if they miss out on a ticket who f**king cares? Not me for one.
Sadly I think I now agree with you - which goes against a post I made earlier on on this thread! I'm sure there must be some decent FCUM fans, blokes you'd want to go for a beer with - but there's none on this thread. FCUM. An apt name. It looks like a case of once a Man U tosspot always a Man U tosspost.

I've tried to get on with the concept of FC United, and the fact that they did achieve setting up a club with pretty magnanimous aims. But it's becoming hard work.

The point is - this whole concept and attitude has little to do with being non-league or so far down the football pyramid. The fact that seems to be forgotten is that they are, purely and simply, Manchester United fans, and they have neglected to jettison their arrogance and contempt for other clubs - believing themselves superior on the back of their noble inferior status.

Not that WE EVER DID eh Phil :lolol::thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The point is - this whole concept and attitude has little to do with being non-league or so far down the football pyramid. The fact that seems to be forgotten is that they are, purely and simply, Manchester United fans, and they have neglected to jettison their arrogance and contempt for other clubs - believing themselves superior on the back of their noble inferior status.

That is it, in a nutshell. We really shouldn't expect them to be like the normal football fans we mingle with on the other 364 days of the year.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I've tried to get on with the concept of FC United, and the fact that they did achieve setting up a club with pretty magnanimous aims. But it's becoming hard work.

Yup, I've now come to the same conclusion. Ah well. Wish I hadn't stuck up for them in earlier threads now. :(

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Out of interest, what is an 'Official' boycott? Are the actual club planning on promoting this boycott, are they really as jumped up as the 'fans' we are experiencing on here today?

politico

Fans First
Nov 19, 2010
Manchester-ish
unbelievable

talk about judging a book by it's cover, all we are annoyed by is the fact that Woking got more tkts than us for no good reason.

I was at the Rochdale game-good natured pitch invasion-no complaints from the club or Police. 15% is the established figure and the 845 will be going on sale at 11.00am sat and gone completely by 1.00pm. So even if you decide to make more available it will be very difficult for fans who should be able to buy them tomorrow to get hold of them midweek -then arrange travel and perhaps accomodation.

In our short history this is our biggest game - something to celebrate and enjoy has turned into chaos and acrimony-why.

Do we not deserve an official explanation like any other fan of any other club-no billy big bollox -just want to be treated like humans not northern scum as some of you wish to label us!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
talk about judging a book by it's cover, all we are annoyed by is the fact that Woking got more tkts than us for no good reason.

I was at the Rochdale game-good natured pitch invasion-no complaints from the club or Police. 15% is the established figure and the 845 will be going on sale at 11.00am sat and gone completely by 1.00pm. So even if you decide to make more available it will be very difficult for fans who should be able to buy them tomorrow to get hold of them midweek -then arrange travel and perhaps accomodation.

In our short history this is our biggest game - something to celebrate and enjoy has turned into chaos and acrimony-why.

Do we not deserve an official explanation like any other fan of any other club-no billy big bollox -just want to be treated like humans not northern scum as some of you wish to label us!
You've got a few fences to mend, pal. Why didn't you (FCUM not you personally) find out about the ticket situation and our delicate situation at Withdean before announcing a potential boycott?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

No offence, but some of your mates appear to be utter pricks, so what kind of reaction do you expect?

The Withdean has its own special constraints. With those in mind, and on the advice of the Police, the club have made a decision to restrict you to the normal away stand. Given the aggresive and frankly threatening stance taken by some of your morons here, people may well be leaning towards the opinion that they've got it right.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
So the FCUM fans are going to boycott the game by buying tickets in the home end?

:laugh:

Reminds me of Leeds during the -15 season. Bragging about boycotting food and programmes to hit the home team in the pocket, whilst filligng the away end and boasting about the amount of Leeds in the home section.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

If they go on sale at 11.00 and will be sold out by 1.00 just how is that a Boycott?

Personally since we are still to hear officially that it is the Police who have requested only the official away end is to be given to FCUM I would like to know why it's not possible to give them 15%.

I repeat, I don't think we'll sell out the home stands.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So the FCUM fans are going to boycott the game by buying tickets in the home end?

You have to put it in context. Remember that their brethren are the ones, paying Glazer £800 for a United Season Ticket, then turning up in a Norwich scarf to 'protest'.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You have to put it in context. Remember that their brethren are the ones, paying Glazer £800 for a United Season Ticket, then turning up in a Norwich scarf to 'protest'.

That's the trouble with being colourblind (I am), I just don't get it. Why wave orange Norwich scarves around while wearing brown and yellow Newton Heath shirts?

football_shirt_20537_1_500x400x0.jpg

An original Newton Heath shirt

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here