FC United issue a statement regarding tickets.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

livelylobster

Nov 19, 2010
As an FC fan and an exiled manc living in Brighton I cant wait for the game on Saturday. We have both had our struggles in the past and present so heres a toast to collective fan power and standing up for what you believe in.

FCUM Story

Sussex by the sea! :cool:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
FC United can confirm that despite the best efforts of the club, Saturday’s ticket allocation at Brighton remains 845 and the game will be closely policed. Brighton have asked us to inform supporters that the match is all-ticket and that no tickets will be available on the day.

The board takes this situation very seriously and shares supporters’ frustration and concern about these decisions. We are continuing to make representations to the various authorities about the reasons for these decisions as we believe they are unfair and unrepresentative of our club.

A fuller statement will be made by the board at the appropriate time, once we have taken these representations as far as we can, and responses from the different authorities have been considered. We will not shy from defending the reputation of our supporters where necessary but nor will we neglect our responsibilities as a football club.

It also needs noting that our club will be under the microscope more so than ever this weekend. Our undoubted strength is that we are a ‘club’ in the truest sense. There is no separation between ‘club’ and ‘supporters’, we are all FC United. As such we all hold collective responsibility for the actions of those who attend our games. We all know what is acceptable and we know what is not, what is permitted and what is prohibited. Let our actions before, during and after the match on Saturday reflect our good name.

We hope all supporters who are travelling to Brighton enjoy the trip and get behind the team in what remains the biggest match in our short history. Brighton fans have campaigned hard over a number of years to ensure the survival of their club and there is a strong tradition of supporting fans at other clubs doing likewise. Everyone at FC United is looking forward to meeting old friends, renewing acquaintances and highlighting common fans’ causes with Brighton supporters.

24-11-2010 at 16:47

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
They were never EVER going to get more tickets, so I'm not surprised at all.

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
They can't get any more tickets and there'll thousands of empty seats and I can't even get two extra for my dad and brother :(

politico

Fans First
Nov 19, 2010
Manchester-ish
well, somebody somewhere has achieved their goal -a very small FC presence at this game. I shall be there as one of the lucky 800 and intend to do what I do at every game that is sing for 90 minutes regardless of what happens on the pitch. I will have a great day out with like minded reds, and still hope to meet some of the hardcore Brighton hans who have kept the club going through thick and thin. Still completely bemused by us being labelled as Cat C- it is using the SAG to prevent what should have been a real cup tie-someone at Brighton is scared of the vocal support of a club 100 league places below them. Pathetic really.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
scared......lol. its a nothing game for us......many fans see it as a distraction.

cockney reds up the road and all that too......we dont need trouble before move to new stadium.

out reserves will smash your lot even if you sing loudly the whole way through...the fact is, we have bigger fish to fry.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Bit unfair. I would have said Woking were more of a threat than FCUM, but merely due to location. It is a shame, because I'm sure it would have given Withdean a better atmosphere if there were more FCUM fans :/ Might have urged our fans to sing once or twice ¬_¬

kazfcum

Nov 19, 2010
scared......lol. its a nothing game for us......many fans see it as a distraction.

cockney reds up the road and all that too......we dont need trouble before move to new stadium.

out reserves will smash your lot even if you sing loudly the whole way through...the fact is, we have bigger fish to fry.

Are you going to sing Easy, Easy at us as well if you win ?

Good grief.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I guess we are a different kind of setup to most football stadia. It is well documented that we congregate on the running track from 85 mins onwards and if there is a risk of a pitch invasion then there is very little guarantee that we would be kept apart. It only takes a few idiots to cause mayhem and they have previous of pitch invasions in the last round this year.

Shame. I was in the camp of give them as much as they want rather than have a half full stadium.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
well, somebody somewhere has achieved their goal -a very small FC presence at this game. I shall be there as one of the lucky 800 and intend to do what I do at every game that is sing for 90 minutes regardless of what happens on the pitch. I will have a great day out with like minded reds, and still hope to meet some of the hardcore Brighton hans who have kept the club going through thick and thin. Still completely bemused by us being labelled as Cat C- it is using the SAG to prevent what should have been a real cup tie-someone at Brighton is scared of the vocal support of a club 100 league places below them. Pathetic really.

I really can't believe that you are attempting to blame our chairman for this!!

from FCUM forum

(Politico) fair statement-still disgusting treatment from a big club -that has acted in a small time manner-cannot help but feel their chairman who has spent 100 million on their stadium has been instrumental in all this, hope I,m wrong !

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I do think it is bullshit that it is a cat c game and also a real shame FC united were not given more tickets. Let's be honest, the atmosphere at Withers is SHITHOUSE, 2 or 3 thousand FC fans making a real noise would have been brilliant in my opinion.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Jesus. Tony Bloom will have more things to worry about than a ruddy away allocation. I would be willing to bet my house on the fact that the club dealt with the issue without even consulting Mr Bloom.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I see nothing wrong with that statement myself. They would've liked more ticktes but didn't get them, they've asked through the proper channels and still haven't got them and so are asking fans to have a good day, behave and remember the things that we have in common as two sets of fans. I've no idea what the attendance is going to be like on Saturday but if the East stands (T,U,W) are sparsely populated then FCUM can feel rightly aggrieved.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's a police decision, don't blame the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports