[Football] FC Saltzberg 10/1 to win tonight.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I haven't rooted so passionately for a Salzburg outfit since the Von Trapp family fled the Nazis in 'The Sound Of Music'.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
They will get absolutely smashed by Chelsea. I won’t be lending them my support as I don’t fancy the disappointment tonight thanks.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
C'mon you Bulls!

download-1.png

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I won't be watching or following the game, but afterwards, if I see Chelsea have lost I might find I give a slightly more pronounced snigger than the ones I always give when Chelsea lose

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Right, so Chelsea fans on SB Nation website wanted a 3-4-3 with the following receiving the most votes for poisition: Arrizabalaga (58%) | Koulibaly (76%), Silva (84%), Fofana (82%) | Chilwell (58%), Jorginho (45%), Kovačić (87%), James (98%) | Sterling (92%), Aubameyang (60%), Mount (56%)

However, BBC website says Potter is going for a 4-3-3 with Cucu in for Chilwell, Azpilicueta and Havertz in for Koulibaly and Fofana.

Potter's is the more attacking line-up, essentially gambling that the full-backs can bomb on and only 2 CBs will be needed to deal with Salzburg's attack. Since the Beeb has Salzburg lining up 4-3-1-2 that strategy is not without risk.

And there's not even the caveat of resting players for the Prem as their match with Liverpool this weekend has been postponed.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Shed End could be The Big Board with fans bemused by his team selection.

In some ways I can see a like for like with a Brighton tactical setup there tbh. BBC have called it a 4, but wouldn't at all be surprised they'll play a 3 with Mount in a March like wing back role.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports