Favourite Team from a different country?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
Anorthosis Famagusta
Deep family roots linked to this club with just about everyone in my family throughout the generations having supported them.
I don't really support them but did enjoy their recent spell in the champions league. I was at the Inter Milan game (3-3) which was my only ever champions league game.
Having lived 27 years in Hove the Albion will never be replaced as my main and only team.

D

Deleted member 18477

Real Madrid.

I also really like Dortmund.

Have been looking out for PSG's results as well since D-Becks moved there. No longer give a crap about LA Galaxy who i followed a bit whilst he was in the US.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Feyenoord (Holland) Anderlecht (Belgium), Frankfurt (Germany) and Zizkov Viktoria (CZ)..all teams ive watched where Ive lived.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Vitoria Zizkov in Prague - bit of a yoyo team
Esporte Clube Vitória in Brazil - finally made it up to top league, great youth sysetem Hulk , David Luiz , Dida , Bebeto etc.
Need an Asian club though really too

Parma used to be favourite back in the Buffon / Couto, Cannavaro, Thuram, Bennarivo , Ze Maria / D.Baggio , Pin , Brolin , Fiore , Zola / Asprilla , Crespo , Inzaghi , Stoichkov - days.... 94-96 I think but purely due to sensible soccer ;)

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
I know some of you will be like "I only support one team...."
I do as well, Brighton, but do you have a favourite team from another country? You might look at their results etc...

Mine's Juventus, I watch them on streams sometimes and just very fond of them.

Hertha Berlin, watched them at home in the 90`s when i lived in Berlin for 3 years,the Germans are very passionate about their football

D_B

Mar 18, 2013
Not football, but over the past 3 years i've really got into Ice Hockey, and have now purchased NHL Gamcenter, I follow the Toronto Maple Leafs.

But because of this, I have since taken an interest in Toronto FC, which is enforced by Robert Earnshaw going there, and the Toronto Raptors. Haven't managed to get interested in Baseball for the Blue Jays though.

I'm the kind of person that when I support a team, I get behind all the teams from that city, as I love to watch just about any sport anyway.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Scotland-Rangers
Wales- Barry Town
Ireland- Coleraine
Italy- Roma
Germany-Armenia Bielefeld
Portugal-Benfica
Holland- Ajax
France- Lorient
Argentina- Boca Juniors
Turkey- Fenerbache
Russia-CSK Moscow
Poland- Legia Warsaw
Belgium-Anderlecht
Brazil-Sao Paoulo
USA-Miami Fusion

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Borussia Monchengladbach. Lived for 6 years in Germany aged 9-15, 3 in Monchengladbach and watched plenty of games mainly Euro cup. Liverpool, Red Star Belgrade I remember and Keegan when playing for Hamburg.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Not football, but over the past 3 years i've really got into Ice Hockey, and have now purchased NHL Gamcenter, I follow the Toronto Maple Leafs.

But because of this, I have since taken an interest in Toronto FC, which is enforced by Robert Earnshaw going there, and the Toronto Raptors. Haven't managed to get interested in Baseball for the Blue Jays though.

I'm the kind of person that when I support a team, I get behind all the teams from that city, as I love to watch just about any sport anyway.

Similar here supported Tampa Bay Bucs for 25 years and so picked up the Lightning in Hockey and Rays in Baseball......... wish the Rowdies were still going (properly)

Basketball is about the only sport they don't have a team so rather than Orlando I'm a Charlotte fan as was out there when they got the expansion franchise..... unfortunatly they are possibly the worst sports team in all American sports :facepalm:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Currently I'm very fond of Dortmund.

Class stadium
Class kit
Class germans
Class manager
Class ticket prices.

Class

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Hamilton Academicals
St Pauli

And then, just because I've been there for a game or a tour...

Fiorentina
Sparta Prague
Saltzburg
New York Red Bulls

Oh, and Barca

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Monaco.
I've followed them since 2000. Surprised when they were relegated in 2010/11 but all being well, they should return to Ligue 1 next season

Rabeen

Jul 11, 2003
Worthing
My best friend from university was/is still Greek. He supports the minnows of Athenian football, Panionios so I always check out their results, I've seen them twice in Athens - the only problem is their colours are very close to our special friends from up the A23... Stamatis came to the Burnley game at the Amex in February and loved it.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I'm a bit of a sad one for this sort of stuff. Won't list them all but the main ones would be:

Wales - Aberystwyth (obviously)
Scotland - Celtic
Spain - Rayo Vallecano (but can't help cheer for Barca a lot as well)
Germany - Union Berlin/St Pauli
Russia - Spartak Moscow
France - Marseille
Italy - AC Milan

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports