Favourite Stadium

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I stood on the Kop once,before the seats went in and I must say,the scouser's didn't disappoint,a real cracking atmosphere

Old Trafford was impressive,but lacking in atmosphere,maybe because they were only playing us

The old Hampden Park was awesome too

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I stood on the Kop once,before the seats went in and I must say,the scouser's didn't disappoint,a real cracking atmosphere

Old Trafford was impressive,but lacking in atmosphere,maybe because they were only playing us

The old Hampden Park was awesome too

i like Old Trafford, obv it's massive, but it doesn't feel like it. Iconic stadium....

Also a shout out for non league grounds, York St, Boston is right up there, but nothing really compares with the fortress that is Christchurch Meadows....
belper1.jpg

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Agree that it should have been built in The West Midlands, middle of the country and all that, but the Old Wembley to me was what football was all about, the walk up Wembley Way to the Twin Towers never failed to put the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

It's the way it made me feel rather than the infrastructure.

Yes, used to like teams coming out from behind the goal I think it built the atmosphere up, pity that.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Lots of love for Rogers Centre - plenty of better ballparks out there, IMO, although it can be great when it's very occasionally full. Wrigley Field and Fenway for starters, Comerica's great too.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Wrigley Field, Chicago. Until the whole Falmer area becomes known as Amexville we won't be competing. But we'll need a load of bars and shops. The village pond doesn't quite cut it.
But I'll put us second.
Heinz Field. Pittsburgh. NFL stadiums can often be soulless but Steelers' fans make this an exception.
Dodger Stadium, LA. Beautiful setting.
Goodison. No idea why, just an old-fashioned ground I love visiting. Surrounded by terraced housing, the church in the corner.

And, while I'm in an Italian frame of mind, the municipal stadium in Montalcino. This must be the only football ground in the world with a fourteenth century castle running alongside the full length of one of the touchlines.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Many different categories you could adopt to this:

Atmosphere - Anfield (based on the 2-2 cup game and probably sentimentality too, it was my first 30k plus gate featuring the Albion)

Setting: The Amex

Scale: Skydome, this place gets real frigging clouds in the roof when it's shut and enough people are in it, oh and then let fireworks off in the roof when a home run is scored.

Tradition/History: Goodison park, virtually unchanged since 1966 or the Old Wembley

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
I used to enjoy Elm Park (Reading) when they used to know their place in the order of things, and if in doubt we had no problem reminding them. Happy memories of Eastville and The Shay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports