Favourite Pub in Brighton & Hove?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Any bar in West Stand Upper...............................

I think I shall call it "The Nelson" after Goldstone Gaz

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Don't know what the staff are like in there now (though I note they are pretty much the same lot) but a couple of years ago they were consistently the moodiest, self absorbed, ignorant bunch of scenester twats I have come acros in a long long long time.

wasn't the old zelgrain crowd, by any chance?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Working my way through these recommendations this year I found myself in the Bristol Arms (nee Bar) this afternoon.

It has been taken over and is 100% better than it was when I was in there last year - including a table tennis table in one bar !!
Tell me where else can you play table tennis in a pub ? Blooming marvellous :lolol:
Obviously not for me today, but they have some sort of games night on a Monday including this. I may have to check it out sometime.

Also - Can confirm previous poster recommendation for Sunday lunch in the Great Eastern from previous Sunday :thumbsup:

I am using this thread as a personal shopping list. More feedback to follow in future weeks :drink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Prince Albert and The Spotted Dog. The George was nice last night as well.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
As mentioned by a couple already Jeff at the Montpelier is tremendous landlord, friendly, funny and a big football fan albeit a Liverpool one. Now I'm not living a 30 second walk from there I don't frequent it anywhere near as much as I used to.

Another pub which has improved is the Alibi near me and the landlord Neil seems a decent bloke.

The best roast dinner is undoubtedly Coopers Cask in Farm Road.

Other pubs I like are the Eddy near Brighton station, Great Eastern, Earth & Stars, Basketmakers, Open House, Spotted Dog, The Greys, The Reservoir, The Conqueror, Ancient Mariner & Lion & Lobster.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Any bar in West Stand Upper...............................

I think I shall call it "The Nelson" after Goldstone Gaz

What a great idea. Why not give all the beer stations names. It would be much easier to arrange to meet people before/after the game.

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
The Lord Nelson Inn was like a 2nd home to me when I moved to Brighton and if I am in town, then I often fall in there, so this gets my vote.

This is followed very closely by The Sir Charles Napier, it is a proper local for me, dozens of friendly faces and rather conveniently, it is less than 100 paces from my front door.... The only downside is that it doesn't sell Harveys.

Other boozers worth a mention are
The Windmill, as it is central-ish and it sells Erdinger.

And Hove Place is the best pub in Hove, I can't believe no one has mentioned it!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Another shout for The Reservoir, just discovered this in the last few weeks, good beers and a cracking sunday roast

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports