Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite player who joined us in his 30's?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Phil Stant.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
GK Corrigan
Defence Shanks Foster Upson Bridge
MF Case Vicente Kush Mortimer
FW Worthington Byrne

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Slightly more seriously, Simon Morgan must have been well into his thirties when he joined in (I think) 2001-02 season. He was an absolute class apart for that one year he was with us, carrying Danny Cullip as we sailed straight through whatever they called League One in those days. Barely trained because of his knees, didn't have much pace, but had a fabulous ability to read the game and put himself in the right place approximately 99.99999% of the time.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Upson, Worthington, Nicky Forster, Steve Foster, Joe Corrigan, John Byrne, Jimmy Case, Bobby Smith, Clive Walker, Stefan Iovan?

Decent list, though I wouldn't include Steve Foster - he was a returnee rather than a new signing, and wasn't very good second time around.

Without checking their dates of birth, but I'm pretty sure they would have been 30 or more when they joined us - may I add Wayne Bridge, Alan Curbishley and Don Shanks.

Our policy of 'giving old lags one last pay day' (as someone derogatorily described it on another thread) hasn't worked out too badly for us on the whole.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Dave Beasant was my favourite who joined us in his 40s

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Peter Grummitt would be a quality candidate for Goalkeeper. I think he was over 30 when he came.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
chivers.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here