Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite pitch invasion

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Mine has to be when Mike Small scored against Liverpool in the 90/91 season at the Goldstone, it was my first game in the North Stand, I got pushed on the pitch, it was an incredible feeling, one of the biggest buzzes of my life.

When was the last pitch invasion for a goal, anyone recall?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
York City.

No contest

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
York City. Seemed so spontaneous, but was so pre-planned.

I will never forget the sheer decency shown by the York fans. It was a massive game for them, needing a result to survive the drop. They travel a damn long way for 15 mins of football and an abandoned match, yet "applauded" those on the pitch - maybe that was out of terror.

At the time I was livid, and DIDN'T go on the pitch, but looking back it was tremendous. We NEEDED to get our voice heard, and we did.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I was in the south stand for the wilkins free kick. York was a really important moment, and very moving but it didn't have that orgasmic goal scoring moment feel to it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
BHA links said:
York City.

No contest

Absolutely. Front page news as the media tried to make out that it was a riot. Cue picture of fans hanging from a broken crossbar.
Fans wondering around the pitch,old, young and middleaged, sitting down on the pitch, no violence that I saw. York City fans joining in with massive cheers. And they called it a riot

1st item on the 9 o'clock news as well

Brought our plight to the whole country's attention which needed
to be done imo.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
York City was the most important but wasn't a pleasant thing to do (I felt dead miserable afterwards)

The Wilkins free kick against Ipswich was a fantastic moment - as he took the kick I was about half way up the north stand. 10 seconds later I was by the north penalty spot with most of the north stand still in front of me.

Another special one was at the final whistle against Sheff Wed in about 1977 which saw us promoted from Div 3 to Div 2. I was only 12 at the time and it was the first time I had really had something to celebrate.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
York City was indeed a pivotal invasion and was so well planned that it didn't cause any trouble.
Hereford when they all came on and we didn't respond just watched and gloated.
Seeing Steve Gritt on our side of the police line.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
I couldn't storm the pitch V York - it broke my heart.....................:cry: :cry:

V Ipswich was the best I could & it was f***ing brilliant!

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Same as Spiros really, has to be Ipswich for me. Didnt enjoy the York pitch invasion at all. Remember being really pissed off that Johnny Byrne had just got injured & then Deano stroked home that free kick, couldnt believe it! I can still see it now as if it were yesterday. I was right behind the north goal about half way up when it went in and it was the best goal celebration ever. Also had a perfect view of Chris Kiwomya missing the 2nd half penalty for Ipswich - people forget about that. Amazing game, amazing day. Shame the final was shit. :banana:

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
Lincoln City - Was unplanned like York City, met in pub before hand (Sussex Yeoman) and arranged that when / if Lincoln score we would run on pitch and just go and sit in the middle. After Twenty minutes or so Lincoln Scored at the North Stand and that was the cue to go on. We had spoken to the steward before hand and told him what was going to happen a he was more than happy to open gates. Was well surprised by response from North Stand and about 200 sat for about 10 minutes or so. Friends and myself got banned by Bellotti for this, but it was worth it as it was all in the papers next day and highlighted our plight yet again to the nation.

The remarkable thing about the York City invasion was the behaviour of the police. Despite the fact that everyone knew that this was going to happen and the OB were there in strength, they had withdrawn from the ground to allow events to run their course.

They eventually showed up, filing in to take up positions in front of the West Stand, but with no sense of urgency and no suggestion that they were there to stop a "riot".

Odd really, since Bellotti was Chairman of the Sussex Police Authority at the time. Maybe the boys in blue had a reason for not acting as his personal band of storm troopers?

???

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Never been involved in one, either not there due to distence/lack of cash or i've been on the side of the pitch trying to protect me equipment.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I got on the Pitch after the Hereford game and stuck a big sloppy kiss on Gritty,just as he was talking to all the media.

York,spot on,and Chesterfield for pure emotion at winning something and having my kids there to share it all for the first time(Plus I got on the Club video,saying cheers to DK as he was being interviewed!)

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Southend away in 87 I think, We scored, so ran around the 18 yard box and about 40 others followed :D

York , Ipswich, Chesterfield, Torquy away, Sheffield united, chelsea were the others.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Hereford, but I was with the home supporters. Absolutely gutted to see you lot going mental and all I could do was wander around on the other side of that huge line of riot police.

:(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here