Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite New Music

Herm

May 11, 2008
Brighton
As we head towards the end of the year I'm making a playlist of my favourite new music released this year.

Just curious as to what bands/artists you've liked or even loved this year.

Also what would you like to hear next or what music to comeback?

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
This has been the year of the Street Sweeper Social Club for me

Street-Sweeper-Social-Club-cover.jpg

StreetSweeperSocialClub.jpg

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I loved Yolanda Be Cool ft. D Cup and also Plum Sauce's cheesy offerings.

The Pretty Reckless have been a band that have really floated my boat (helped by the lead singers fantastic, um, talent).
51qy-PPafgL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm becoming quite partial to the Zac Brown Band at present.

Herm

May 11, 2008
Brighton
Agreed on Two Door Cinema Club is one of my favourites too. I think anything with "club" in the name is getting bigger. A band I've followed for a while that have come big this year is Bombay Bicycle Club - great album!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm currently listening to Memory Tapes which I really really enjoy. Moving onto Grinderman in a bit, then The Knife's recent and vastly under-rated Tomorrow in a Year album. Might dig out Joanna Newson later this afternoon.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The Vaccines. Heard them on the R1 New Music show. Best thing I've heard in years. I've already played 'em at Withdean ...

Saw them in Manchester a few weeks ago, following a British Sea Power gig. They were indeed excellent - think the Ramones meets the Strokes, with a hint of the Killers...

Love the Strange Death of Liberal England (even if they are from Pompey!) - a great live act who released an excellent album a couple of months back.

And also Islet - an absoultely bonkers Welsh band, who spend most of their gigs with half the band members drumming (hitting anything) and the other half in the audience. I'm told they are 'math rock', but I've no idea what that actually means...

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Yuck
crocodiles
vaccines
Beach Party
Tennis

I mentioned to some of my students that I was going to see the vaccines, and they hadn't heard of them ! the youth of today. (In the end i couldn't make it tonight )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here