Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Favourite music "artist" who you know is s**t

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yay, thought of one. I know this is complete shite but I have always loved it.

I see they have edited out Dave Lee Travis presenting it and you just get the back of him slinging his arm out now.

One of the sad things about Jimmy Saville is that you see far fewer TOTPs videos now as he was in so many from the 60s :down:

https://youtu.be/WSpM0Qi_qCM

Last edited:

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
UB40. My favourite band growing up. Turned spectacularly sh*te around 1989. Still love their early stuff.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Chris De Burgh for me, although I must stress I don't rock out to his utterly lamentable Lady in Red era dirge but do rather find myself tapping away to his more epic folkie stuff such as Crusader and Spanish Train - actually he's not that shit at all, after all Spaceman is obviously the best Christmas song ever, that keyboard intro slays me every time.

He always finds room on his LPs, yep I own four, for a rather witty track too... you know Chris, always one eye on the irony angle.

Underrated genius.

https://youtu.be/FlNA9ADMK_Q

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I think Shaun Ryder of the Happy Mondays is by some margin the worst "singer" I've heard - and if he appeared on 'Britains Got Talent' as such he'd be laughed off stage... He's absolute dogshit as a singer.

However, they knocked out some banging classics. Go figure. :shrug:

Ian Brown falls into that category, but the Stone Roses churned out a few good albums.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Ian Brown falls into that category, but the Stone Roses churned out a few good albums.

As you probably know, he was a Psychobilly/Scooterboy once upon a time.

Attachments

• 23658359_10154987361326889_7424373543445765827_n.jpg
    23658359_10154987361326889_7424373543445765827_n.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 66

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Will Smith. Shallow lyrics, not very good flow, carried by his DJ most of the time... but he kind of opened the door to music for me. Through checking out his & DJ Jazzy Jeffs samples I found Funkadelic, Bob James, Roy Ayers, Tom Tom Club and a lot of other jazz/funk/other stuff.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Rod Stewart pre 1977 did some great stuff both solo and in the Faces. Since then, dross.

I have been listening to his greatest hits the last week. Well some of them.
In A Broken Dream is an absolute classic,. Maggie May, Young Turks Stay with Me, all great the rest are absolutely entirely dreadful

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I'm intrigued how you got on with evening of Marty Robins?

I actually really enjoyed the songs!!! Always open to trying new things, I've added them to a couple of playlists going forward. Who'd have thunk I'd find something new I really like from this thread?!

Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Chris De Burgh for me, although I must stress I don't rock out to his utterly lamentable Lady in Red era dirge but do rather find myself tapping away to his more epic folkie stuff such as Crusader and Spanish Train - actually he's not that shit at all, after all Spaceman is obviously the best Christmas song ever, that keyboard intro slays me every time.

He always finds room on his LPs, yep I own four, for a rather witty track too... you know Chris, always one eye on the irony angle.

Underrated genius.

https://youtu.be/FlNA9ADMK_Q

Yep. Me and [MENTION=37530]monty uk[/MENTION] would have seen him supporting Caravan or Wishbone Ash at the Dome, pre-ladyinredshite. Scarey eyebrows but entertaining.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here