Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Male Lead Singer?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Paul Weller when with The Jam was incredible, one of the top five regrets in my life is giving my ticket for the final Jam concert in Brighton to my kid sister, as I'd seen them before a few times and she hadn't. It was by all accounts an amazing gig.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Scott Walker. What a truly fantastic voice.

If I were to name just one for the quality of the voice he wins by some distance

Don Henley or Stevie Marriott would probably be next

Last edited:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I have also just got into The Wedding Present because of a thread on here a couple of months back.

David Gedge , another for the list on this thread.

David Gedge is my favourite song writer and the majority of his work is based on theme of love!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Paul Weller

Ian Brown

Richard Ashcroft

Tim Burgess

Anton Newcombe

John Lydon

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Posted the wrong clip...not that the older Al is at all shabby

I used to love Al Green until I read that his ex-wife went public about domestic abuse: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...38_1_spousal-abuse-domestic-violence-marriage

A small snippet of her testimony: "For her inability to have sex with him once, Shirley Green said under oath in 1982, her husband beat her in the head with a boot. At the time she was five months pregnant."

I now can't him him singing about love without feeling sick.

There are some great choices on this thread - thanks for some pointers to singers I've not heard before! :thumbsup:

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I used to love Al Green until I read that his ex-wife went public about domestic abuse: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...38_1_spousal-abuse-domestic-violence-marriage

A small snippet of her testimony: "For her inability to have sex with him once, Shirley Green said under oath in 1982, her husband beat her in the head with a boot. At the time she was five months pregnant."

I now can't him him singing about love without feeling sick.

There are some great choices on this thread - thanks for some pointers to singers I've not heard before! :thumbsup:

Yeah. Fair play - great singer - lousy human being...fairly common combination with the ego and adulation involved I would imagine. If I couldn't separate the 2 there's plenty I wouldn't listen to.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Yeah. Fair play - great singer - lousy human being...fairly common combination with the ego and adulation involved I would imagine. If I couldn't separate the 2 there's plenty I wouldn't listen to.

Also fair play. TBH, that's why I didn't post any of my favourites, I couldn't bear the thought that someone would dig up some trash on them and post it, thus destroying my love of their talent. The only reason I did it with Al is that I actually remember the case and was truly shocked at the time.

Go on then:

Plant
Mercury
Van Morrison
Sinatra
Armstrong

You don't have to look too far to find highly dubious stuff about most of those... :nono:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
no Hugh or JJ on the list,out of the 2 I think JJ shades it

I love the Stranglers music more so than the actual singing

same with the Jam & Clash,both fantastic bands,but Strummer & Weller aren't particularly great singers

Sinatra & Dean Martin should of been on the list too

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
no Hugh or JJ on the list,out of the 2 I think JJ shades it

I love the Stranglers music more so than the actual singing

same with the Jam & Clash,both fantastic bands,but Strummer & Weller aren't particularly great singers

Sinatra & Dean Martin should of been on the list too

I was wondering why no Hugh from you.
Weller is a good singer, but with Strummer and Cornwell its all about the energy of the songs but i still think they are pretty good singers, HC did a good job on Golden Brown.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Michael Bublé - great singer and he is also gorgeous :moo:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Paul Rodgers is worth a mention, I still love hearing Free songs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here