Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

favourite london restaurants

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The wife's favourite is the Oxo Tower restaurant - the views are amazing, especially at night.
Good 10 years ago when it had little competition these days there's loads of restaurants with views opening in London and this has been surpassed.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Oblix has the same view with far superior food... Same owners as Zuma so you know you're gonna get quality there

Wife's birthday treat to Zuma last week. Past it's sell by date. Nothing more than a ridiculously priced fast food restaurant nowadays.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
High end: Le Gavroche
Middle end: Hawksmoor
Lower end: Navarros although not been for a few years now.
Curry: Tyyabs
Other: Pitt Cue Co

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Hawksmoor- love the place.steak is excellent for reasonable/average London prices!

Went to duck and waffle for breakfast this time last year and although the view is simply stunning I wasn't overly impressed! £6 for an orange juice too....

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester
if you want the view then I would stick with Duck & Waffle but its not the most normal of food, what ever normal food is nowadays.... any of the Socials- City, Little, Pollen St will be great, JA is a man on top of his game at the moment with all of them receiving great reviews.

Others -
Opera Tavern
Ceviche
Nopi

someone else said Pitt Cue - great food but waiting in line round the block isn't always the most romantic...

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
You will need to be booking now for duck and waffle!
Hawksmoor - very good
Gymkhana - excellent
Banares - very good
Tamarind - very good
Avoid anywhere around Covent Garden or Leicester square!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Wife's birthday treat to Zuma last week. Past it's sell by date. Nothing more than a ridiculously priced fast food restaurant nowadays.
Agree to disagree on that one!!

Some of the freshest best sushi in london...not sure how you can compare it to any kind of fast food joint ?!?

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
The OP wants a view, that restaurant has a crap one although I am sure that it's very good.

It's just a cafe, albeit a famous and very, very good one. Personally I'd rather pop in here for a bite to eat, than some of the ridiculously priced places advocated on here, where you get art on a plate. Having entertained business clients for years it's easy to get bored with the pretentiousness of it all. However, my wife would probably prefer the Ledbury to the Regency.

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
Hawksmoor- love the place.steak is excellent for reasonable/average London prices!

Went to duck and waffle for breakfast this time last year and although the view is simply stunning I wasn't overly impressed! £6 for an orange juice too....

3 of us went to the Duck and Waffle for a drink whilst making our way back from an away game one Saturday evening.
As you say, a fantastic view, but a gin and tonic, a rum and coke, a bloody mary and a bag of crispy pigs cheeks = £46.00 !!!!!!

Have booked the Hawskmoor for a Sunday lunch in a couple of weeks, 1st visit so looking forward to it.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Hutong at the Shard is very nice, as is the restaurant at The Goring.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Thanks for all the replys peeps! Will get on the phone today. Think I'll stick with Duck & Waffle (and take my credit card!!!) and if fully booked go for Hutong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here