Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Favourite/ least favourite tv/celeb Chef ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Mrs V is a big fan of Yotam Ottolenghi for some reason yet I find nearly all his recipes either incredibly complicated, or have difficult to source ingredients or both. ... she bought herself one of his cookbooks two years ago and it's never been used....just checked The Guardian weekend food section today and he's done it again ! Three recipes I won't touch with a barge pole...

So, which chefs come up with the simplest and best recipes on a regular basis ? For me it is Hugh FW, Rick Stein and The Hairy Bikers.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Least favourite is James Martin, mainly because a friend of mine used to work for the production company that makes his show and some of the stories about he behaved and treated staff sounded awful.

Yes - I've heard and seen some of this also in his attempts to get into historic racing!

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
Least favourite are them bloody hairy bikers. Can't think of a favourite. But that guy who was drunk when cooking was pretty entertaining, forgot his name

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Favourite Delia, for this alone, which is exactly what I would do if I was Chairman of the Albion. Another reason to be thankful for TBMBE :lolol:

(And for teaching a whole generation how to cook)

vQ1Qdb.gif

Least Favourite, the aforementioned Fanny Craddock.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Least favourite are them bloody hairy bikers. Can't think of a favourite. But that guy who was drunk when cooking was pretty entertaining, forgot his name
Keith Floyd.
Yes I'll put him as my favourite, liked that sometimes he ballsed it up but just accepted it.
Least favourite Jammy Olive.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Who remembers Graham Kerr the Galloping Gourmet ?

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
Why is it that the exponential increase in number of celebrity chefs over the decades is inversely proportionate to the amount of real cooking done in the country?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Least favourite is James Martin, mainly because a friend of mine used to work for the production company that makes his show and some of the stories about he behaved and treated staff sounded awful.
I'll second that, have been in uncomfortably close proximity at historic race events, always has a nodding fawning entourage. A: he's a weapons grade jummped up c**t and B: no better cook than most of us. I'll also add he knows f*** all about cars and can't drive.

Keith Floyd was extremely good value, despite the personal flaws

Having dined at one of his establishments ( Petrus) once he escaped the cockwomblery of Mr sweary, Marcus Waring is a rather good chef. Raymond Blanc too.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I had the same thought when Delia was mentioned. But then I’m very, very disturbed.
My old mum, bless her, used to love watching Ainsley Harriet cook and chat.
She then said, ‘But I could never eat anything he’d prepared though’.

Yes she was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here