Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Favourite Internet Radio Station

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Other than the usual BBC stations and ClassicFM, LBC and Greatest Hits.

Absolute 80’s was decent, but some DJ’s do a Steve Wright and make it all about them with banal ‘wit’.

If ever a DJ was past his sell by date it’s the fat old codger Steve Wright :lolol:

I do however enjoy listening to Terry Wogan Light - Ken Bruce the bald old codger :wink:

Occasionally listen to Internet radio but don’t really have a favourite

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Most days I listen in to Radio Caroline at work especially their Flashback section which really does have a great selection of 60s and 70s music together with some very knowledgeable commentary. Good section about their history on the website.

Remember listening to this in the 70s driving up from Brighton to Gatwick sometimes with very sketchy reception depending on weather and atmospherics - now I can get perfect reception 3,500 miles away due to the wonders of the Internet.

I've been listening to Caroline whenever possible since it's very first incarnation, I'm a bit of an an anorak when it comes to the original pirates - my eldest daughters middle name is Caroline.
There are two Caroline's on the Internet, Flashback and "standard" (sometimes badged as Caroline North). The latter plays more contemporary music and is also available on medium wave.

Caroline continues.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Since tunein radio played their silly games and stopped ALL overseas stations in the UK I cant listen on my Bose only on line.

Don't know how the Bose system works but on my Squeezebox Touch i get round this by going onto the Mysqueezebox webpage, login, go to saved stations, google the url of what i want eg https://icecast.radiofrance.fr/fiprock-hifi.aac?id=radiofrance , copy/paste it to Saved Stations, go back on the Squeebox itself and it plays perfectly. Trying just by searching through Tunein on the Squeezebox itself will come back with "not available in your region".

This is probably no help to you!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
BBC 6 draws a significant listenership from the USA. No other station needed, unless Shaun Keaveny is on, although thankfully of late he’s been replaced by the excellent Tom Ravenscroft, son of John Peel.

I listen to R6M most of the time. As good a mix as you can get musically

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Other than the usual BBC stations and ClassicFM, LBC and Greatest Hits.

Absolute 80’s was decent, but some DJ’s do a Steve Wright and make it all about them with banal ‘wit’.

Another vote for Greatest Hits here

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Don't know how the Bose system works but on my Squeezebox Touch i get round this by going onto the Mysqueezebox webpage, login, go to saved stations, google the url of what i want eg https://icecast.radiofrance.fr/fiprock-hifi.aac?id=radiofrance , copy/paste it to Saved Stations, go back on the Squeebox itself and it plays perfectly. Trying just by searching through Tunein on the Squeezebox itself will come back with "not available in your region".

This is probably no help to you!

Thanks but it wont work with Bose, ive been on several forums and at the moment there don't seem to be anyway around it.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Radio Garden is a good app if you want to have a listen to the whole world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

herecomesaregular

Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
My favourite wake up alarm music is 1.FM Brazilian Birds on the internet radio in the bedroom. Not what you're hoping :tantrum: ..... but sounds from the Brazilian jungle. Always wakes me up but not suddenly or with agitation. Perfecto.

Then I put on some Kiss West Coast - Soft Rock Radio. Always brings a smile.

Also love the FiP variants: FiP Rock, FiP Pop and FiP Reggae.

For all the recommendations for Caroline Flashback I can't get into it although I do pop it on for a change sometimes.

I have to say my internet radio in the bedroom, Pure Evoke F3, and the Squeezebox Touch connected to the hifi in the lounge are two of my best ever purchases.

Last edited:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Radio Paradise has been my soundtrack since March. Some great music and virtually no chat. The most important aspect when I first started listening was no news! I needed to chill.

herecomesaregular

Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Radio Paradise has been my soundtrack since March. Some great music and virtually no chat. The most important aspect when I first started listening was no news! I needed to chill.

It's been my #1 for years only recently usurped by Soul Betty. Have you tried the variants Radio Paradise Mellow and Radio Paradise Rock, both excellent?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here