Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Favourite instrumental

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I think many of the best ones have already been said - Albatross, all those Booker T and the MGs classics, the beautiful Samba Pa Ti from Santana etc so I’ll throw in a few different ones

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
And my final offering - I think - aims to bring a touch of class to the proceedings(great theme by the way DW66) - if you’ve ever had a brief encounter with Eric Carmen’s All By Myself you might recognise this one

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
The Brilliant John Wilson Orchestra, a mainstay of The BBC Proms and I've been lucky enough to see them three times at The Dome (never been able to get a ticket to see them at The Proms, too popular). This is from his 2012 Proms concert 'Broadway Sound' and I'm not alone in liking this piece, I've included a version recorded by Mick Ronson.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
The John Wilson Orchestra again, this is from the film score to Taras Bulba by Franz Waxman and is a piece called The Ride of The Cossacks. The sequence in the film featured the Cossack tribes, led by Yul Brynner, riding across the Russian Steps joining together to do battle in Dubno, stirring stuff. Crap film but this bit was pretty good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here