Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite HOLLIES song

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
did they do anything apart from 'The air that I breathe'?

:D

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
You're going home in a Sussex ambulance

Sorry, thought you said Hoolies

*coat*

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
"Stay" later adapted by Jackson Browne as his last song in concerts

Look though any window is also a pretty good pop song, as most of their singles were. "The band's band" as Jimmy saville used to say..repeatedly

Jennifer Eccles however is SHIT

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I thought it said favorite HOOLIES SONG...I was going to write "Your gonna get your fuc*ing head kicked in"..

But it doesnt seem relevant!

They have two great albums in 'Butterfly' and 'Evolution', but Gasoline Alley Bred was the first of their tunes that grabbed me. It was around or just after the time of The Marmalade 'Reflections Of My Life', and I saw those two bands as on a par at that time. Actually, the Bee Gees were in the same kind of league back then too, with their first 3 LPs being tasteful examples of the best of psych-pop.
After their debut single, (which didn't do anything), they did not fail to have their singles chart during the 1960's (except for one lightweight collaboration with Peter Sellers called 'After The Fox').

Of their records after Graham Nash left, they did a marvelous version of Springsteen's 'Sandy', (well before Manfred Mann covered him), a throwaway rock tune 'Long Cool Woman In a Black Dress, which was like something Alvin Stardust would do, 'He Ain't Heavy', which is excellent, and Air That I Breathe, also brilliant for that time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here